[8] - 𝘪𝘯 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦

STEPHEN AND CHRISTINE walked out of an alleyway and into the street. They looked around, noticing a gloomy hellscape, with dilapidated buildings and cracked roads. One of the structures started to crumble in the distance.

 One of the structures started to crumble in the distance

"Oh, no..." Stephen breathed out. "Oh, crap!"

"What the hell happened here?" Christine asked as they walked. Stephen still gazed around.

"Something bad...really bad, I'd say."

"Is this what an incursion looks like?"

He glanced at her. "Incursion?"

"It's something my Stephen talked about. But he never really dwelled on it."

"Then it could be." He shrugged. "Or it could be just...the apocalypse."

They continued down the road, passing by piles of rubble, wrecked vehicles, and craters.

"America doesn't have long." Stephen said.

"So, where are we going?" Christine asked.

"Well, if there's still a Sanctum in this universe...then there might be another, other, other me. And that's our best shot at getting back to Earth."

The duo walked across a flooded part of the street, seeing the torn-down Brooklyn Bridge nearby. They continued to where Bleeker Street was and gazed upon an abandoned-looking structure. Every building in the neighborhood was either torn down or desolate.

"Whatever happened...this universe's you didn't do a good job in stopping it." Christine remarked.

Stephen looked up at the Seal of the Vishanti at the top of the Sanctum. Through the window, he spotted a figure looking back at them before quickly stepping away. Strange knew it was a doppelgänger of his.

 Strange knew it was a doppelgänger of his

"I'll tell him you said that." Strange replied and walked away.

Christine stayed behind as the sorcerer entered the dilapidated doors of the Sanctum. He walked through the lobby and up the set of stairs rather carefully. He then made it to the main quarters of the building, a lot of it looking similar to his back on his Earth but having much more clutter.