[9] - 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰

WITH THE SHIELD now taken back, it was one thing crossed of their list. But the most important task at hand, apprehending Karli Morgenthau, was still a priority.

Sam, Bucky, and Y/N stood in a room now out of their suits and wearing casual clothes. The authorities were outside arresting the unlucky Flag Smashers that were taken down earlier.

"The GRC is conducting raids to try and find Karli, but so far they've only found her followers. They've searched this camp, and just like the last camp, nothing. She's gone. We'll never find her." Sam explained.

Y/N listened to Sam while Bucky was staring at the shield that laid on the table. Sam just looked at Barnes, scoffing at the thought that he didn't care.

Joaquin Torres walked in. He noticed Bucky, "Hey, you got your sleeve back."

Bucky rolled his eyes and started walking away.

"Are you off to take care of Zemo?" Sam asked.

Bucky looked back but didn't reply. He walked out of the room.

Sam looked at Y/N, "You grumpy too? I give you the right to leave."

He chuckled and crossed his arms, sitting against the table but not answering.

"All right, good to know you three survived." Torres remarked at the awkwardness.

"What's our next steps, Torres?" Sam asked.

"Captain America killing a foreign national in public, it's kinda like a big deal. Like international incident big. Folks, uh, higher up on the payroll are all over it now. So, unfortunately—"

"They're taking jurisdiction." Y/N interjected.

"Yeah." Torres replied.

They sighed. Torres noticed the duffel bag containing Sam's broken wings.

"What happened to these?" He asked and placed the bag on the table.

"The bird got grounded." Y/N joked.

Sam rolled his eyes before asking Joaquin about the job again, "So is there anything we can do?"

"Not really. As you can see, they've cordoned off the whole camp, and Karli's a ghost. After what went down, she is laying extra low. Like, under-underground."

"And that's why it makes sense for us to get involved." Sam replied, "The longer we let her regroup, the harder it's gonna be to find her."

"She's got people helping her all over the world, on all platforms." Torres said.

"She's really, really good at this thing." Y/N remarked.

"Yeah." Sam simply responded.

"All we can do now is sit tight and just chill. Sometimes, there's nothing to do until there's something to do." Torres told them.

"That's bizarrely wise." Sam said.

He chuckled, "Well, I'm a bizarrely wise man, Sam."

Y/N chuckled as well. Sam picked up the shield from the table and bid farewell to the young soldier.