C2: A Fan To Pass The Time

"I found him" I cleared my throat after entering the room I had left just a half hour before.

Rich turned around in confusion and he glared at me. I stepped aside to allow Noel passage into the room and Rich's jaw dropped. His eyes glimmered and widened to find his favourite singer stand before him in all his glory. It was quite adorable.

"Holy shit nuts!" He yelled and ran over to Noel.

Noel laughed as the impact of Rich who wrapped his arms around his smaller figure. Noel rubbed his back and Rich buried his head into the crook of his neck.

"You smell like coconut and hairspray" Rich mumbled into the fabric of his jumper.

I chuckled to myself as Rich praised Noel over and over before he let him go. It appeared to me Noel loved being in the spotlight. He loved meeting fans and being worshipped. He acted so modest as Rich talked wonders of him but somehow I could tell that the glow of his blushing face just covered how much he felt like a king.

"Seriously the first time I heard that song, Spider-"

"Please call me Noel" Noel interrupted.

"Noel. Oh my, I can't believe I get to call you Noel. Mister Noel the first time-"

"Just Noel, please" Noel giggled and gestured him to stop with the formality.

"Okay. Okay. Noel, the first time I heard 'Love Games' I sobbed and just put it on repeat. I couldn't stop crying. Your vocals are wonderful and heartfelt" Rich blubbered the rest of his sentence.

"I wrote it too, actually" Noel smiled.

"Really? Far out! You're so talented"

"Listen, Lord and Saviour, we're off now. Mike called the taxi, are you coming?" Tom, their guitarist, alerted Noel.

I licked my lips and waited for him to reply. I didn't know if I wanted him to stay for the sake of Rich. It would've really topped off Rich's greatest moment of his life. Or maybe I wanted him to stay for the sake myself. I was clearly drawn to him. I liked hearing him talk and smile. I didn't know if I wanted him to go, I was so tired and gutted from his rejection it dawned on me that maybe his departure would be for the best.

"I'm going to go in a second but you guys can leave now. Didn't mean to keep you waiting, sorry" Noel politely replied.

"Sure" Tom scoffed and rolled his eyes.

Tom rushed out the door and was followed by the other two members. They were obviously annoyed having to stay so late and it didn't take a genius to tell Tom was in disbelief of Noel's apology.

"It's okay, Noel. I still love you" Rich reassured Noel and I stifled my laughter.

"You too, Ron"

"It's actually Rich. Short for Richard" He corrected the diva and I still was trying my hardest not to laugh at the the whole situation.

"Right, right. Listen, Rich, I was wondering if I could take... Uh what was your name?"

"Julian" I replied, curious as to where this was going.

"Right, Julian. I was wondering if I could take Julian off your hands tonight. You see we had a bet going and I need him to come with me to complete the bet. Is that okay?"

Bet? I had no idea what he was talking about but he seemed desperate to detach me from my friend for the night. I bit my bottom lip and stared at Rich, waiting to see what he would say.

"A bet? Maybe I could get in on it!"

"Oh no. Strictly two man bet. Next time though. How about we take a couple of photos and I sign something for you? Then I'll take Julian off your hands" Noel tried to compromise with bribery.

Rich thought about it for a second but the overwhelming idea of having photos with his idol seemed to overtake his jealously. He furiously nodded and whipped out his phone.

I stepped aside as I let them take a multitude of selfies before having to take the photos myself. He then got Noel to sign his ticket and backstage pass before kissing his cheek goodbye.

"Goodbye Julian" Rich said to me before leaning in and whispering "If you give him any reason to hate you, which will inevitably fuck things up for me as well, I will rain down on you like a piñata full of seamen"

"I'll try not to" I chortled and gave him a strong pat on the shoulder.

Rich took off out the room and left me all alone with the superstar.

"He's our biggest fan alright" Noel smiled, pointing towards the door after Rich.

"He doesn't shut up about you. You'd think I would've recognised you by the thousands of posters in his room"

"I wouldn't blame you if you started blocking it all out. He's obsessed!"

"More like in love" I rolled my eyes and shoved my hands in my pockets.

"Unfortunately for him, I don't do love"

"I thought you had a girlfriend?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well yes apart from that"

I laughed and he did too. It was a nice to laugh with him after the tension that had been stirring in the room. We both nervously looked to the floor after our small moment and silence overcame us.

"So what bet did we have going?" I enquired.

"Oh, that. I was wondering if you wanted to come back to my motel room?" Noel shakily asked as if he was a child afraid to ask their teacher to go to the potty during class.

"Wouldn't you prefer your eight o'clock?" I gulped, darting my eyes away from his anticipating gaze.

Noel just shrugged and awkwardly folded his arms. Yet his eyes never tore away from my body.

"Besides I thought you couldn't do this?"

I pushed aside my anxiety and looked into his stunning crystal eyes.

"I changed my mind. I said that because I thought it'd be too emotional. Whores fuck and disappear. I couldn't have you getting attached if we continued. Promise me you won't get attached?"

Our eyes were dancing amongst themselves as I thought over his offer. They were tangoing without even touching. They shimmered and reflected a certain wonder. It was like there was a love in the room although we were as good as strangers.

If I had any sense back then I would've said no. I would've run away and not looked back. I would've forgotten about the entire mishap and lived a happy, fulfilled life.

"Of course not"

I was so naive. I was such an idiot. I thought I could handle it because I hated people and one fuck shouldn't change that. He would cater to my needs and I to his. Then we would part ways and forget everything. If only it had been that simple.

My answer persuaded him to stroll over to me. There was a cheeky smile tugging on the corners of his lips as he grabbed my hand. He entwined our fingers and lead me out of the room.

When we exited the building, the cold stung me right to my bones. Yet I was distracted from my pain as I stared at him hailing a cab. He was so beautiful under the moonlight.

Already I could feel myself breaking my promise.