Chapter 9

April and Casey chased the Foot into an empty office full of desks and filing cabinets. Foot Soldiers silently parkoured their way through the room, going over and around furniture without disturbing a thing. But Casey crashed his way though, shoulder rolling over desks, knocking over lamps and computer monitors like a bull in a china shop. April followed, making her way through the destruction. The Foot raced down a stairway, welting the railing at each turn. Casey tried to copy them but tumbled down the stairs. "We have to get above the exit!" he shouted.

Nearby, the turtles watched the humans being chased./

"We had to get down there," Reika said but Mikey stopped him.

"What, are you two crazy? We can't be seen! And what about the girl's powers?"

"That purple ooze is our only shot at being normal, and it's heading toward the front door." Raph said. "You with me or not?"

With no option, they nodded. Raph dropped down through a duct. He saw the Foot use smoke grenades ahead of them, dios renting the few police officers on overnight duty. The Foot had a clear path through the lobby and out the doors. Unless someone stopped them. "They're getting away," Raph yelled. "We got no choice buddy."

Looking uncertain about the consequences of revealing themselves, Manako, Reika and Mikey nodded in agreement. As Raph and Mikey ran after the escaping Foot, April and Casey fell in behind them. Reika and Manako leaped up and began to use their flame and grass powers, knocking them down.

Reaching the lobby, two Foot soldiers threw more smoke grenades and jumped the security turnstile. Suddenly, Shira, Leo, Donnie and Tomoka burst through a window. Raph sidekicked the ninja carrying the canister of purple ooze and yanked it out of his hands.

"Raph, what are you doing with that?" Leo asked him.

Before he could say something, Chief Vincent, Jade and a handful of police officers ran into the lobby. At the sight of the Sea Turtles and Land Turtles, the officers reacted with horror. "What are those things?" the cops asked. "Monsters! Get on the ground!"

The girls began to tremble and back away but Shira slowly began to use her powers.

"Shira, don't," Reika whispered.

Before she would try, April and Casey went their way. "No! Don't shoot!" To the turtles, April yelled, "Go! Now!"

"April, no," Manako cries out. "Don't do it!" But Mikey grabbed her as Leo and Shira knocked the runs out of the officer's hands.

The eight turtles burst through a window and disappeared into the night, taking the canister of purple ooze with them.

"Jones. You've got to be kidding me," Vincent sighed in disbelief, shocked to see that Casey was here. Then she turned to the police officers and nodded toward Casey and April. "Put these two in holding. Jade, what we just saw stays in the department. The public doesn't need to know."

The police officers handcuffed April and Casey and led them away, "What we just saw here stays within the department," Vincent told Jade. "The public doesn't need to know."

"I'm on it," Jade said.

As the Turtles enter the lair, Splinter was listening to the report over what happened at the station. "It is all over the police scanner. They are hunting you. What happened up there?"

Leo snarled at Raph, "Tell him, Raph. Tell him how you broke rank and got us all exposed." He held up the canister of purple mutagen.

"For the most selfish reason," Raph countered. "The Foot were gonna get their hands on it. You didn't know that!" Donnie fell in behind Leo, while Mikey and Manako backed up Raph.