Chapter 4

Shredder felt himself fall onto the ground with a thud when the portal disappeared above him. He couldn't recognize this place and it wasn't a lab or a building. Through a window he could see a strange colorful landscape unlike any he'd ever seen on Earth. "Where am I?" he asked.

Before he could think, someone lifted him up in the air. "Does it matter?" a voice teased. "I know what you're thinking right now. Of all the ways you'd like to kill me. But that would require you to outthink me." This voice sounds faintly human and it was not even a real human at all, more like a gurgling tone of a strange creature.

"So you know my name," Shredder answered. "Why am I here?" .

"Because you and your buddy Dr. Stockman found something of mine," It said more forcefully.

"The teleportation device," the samurai recalled, wiping off the strange slimy mucus off his face that something pink touched him. "The teleport was supposed to break me out of prison."

The robot nodded its head. "But it is capable of so much more. That device is part of a machine called the arc capacitor. Years ago, I launched the arc capacitor to Earth's dimension." The robot charged a hologram to show a large futuristic device being launched from a huge spaceship and earth. "But upon entering your atmosphere, it broke apart into three pieces. You and Stockman have one piece. Another is in a museum in New York. The third is in the Brazilian rainforest. Collect the other two pieces. Dr. Stockman should be inventive enough to reassemble the arc capacitor."

The hologram displayed a U.S Navy destroyer ship salvaging the second chunk. "And then what?" Shredder asked.

"It will open a portal through which I can bring my war machine, the Technodrome, to Earth. Together, we can bring the people of your planet to their knees." Shredder didn't hide his surprise at the mention of Stockman. The hologram showed Stockman working at his lab.

"I'm interested," said Shredder. "I will help you take down planet Earth if you help me with my problem. Four brothers and sisters will try to stop me. Turtles." The robot moved back a step and spoke with finality. The robot handed Shredder a vial of purple substance. Mutagen. "I'm aware of your past. Take this. It will solve all your problems with those pests. I'll see you on the other side."

"Okay, so he just vanished?" April asked what happened earlier with the portal.

"Yeah," Tomoka nodded. "He disappeared before Mikey fired. It's like he vanished into thin air. "

"Grr, I am still mad at what Shredder did to them," Reika growled angrily. "He almost killed the turtles by draining their blood the last time we saw him."

"Wait, wait, wait," Donnie replied. "If I run the video from my shoulder camera through an electrostatic filter, we might be able to see what happened to Shredder," The video then showed up and on it were pink smiley tentacles grabbing Shredder from the portal. "Right there! It appears to be some kind of residue from a teleportation event."

"Yeah, teleportation event residue, man," said Mikey, pretending to know what Donnie is saying.

"But those tentacle things," Manako whimpered. "I don't think it belongs to anyone human."

"It might be possible," said Donnie.

"Maybe it might belong to a squid, vine, I don't know who it belong to," Tomoka replied

"Does that kind of technology even exist?" Raph growled.

"Baxter Stockman's been working on this kind of tech for years," Donnie replied.