rebound

look for song suggestions while you read! (they will be in bold characters)

It was the first day back at work since the 'event'. Freshening up, you stared into the mirror one last time, looking for a confidence boost. 'I can do this, it's no big deal.' Growing a smile on your face you walked out on the floor.

It had been over two months since you'd seen or spoke to Kenma, despite the fact that he called you everyday and left text messages. You, completely ignoring them. Your first day back wasn't as hard as you'd expect it would be, you went in at 10 and the customer flow was good for a Thursday. Within the first hour you had already made well over $400. Chloe came in at around 11, so that cheered you up even more finally loosening up. You had found your groove again.

Unbeknownst to you, Kenma sent Hinata to the club everyday to look for you. Since this was your first night back Hinata was shocked to actually see you on stage. Excitedly, he walked out and texted Kenma.

________________________'kenma-san🐈‍⬛'________________________

"Kenma-san, KENMA!!"

"yes, shoyo?"

"She's here tonight, y/n is on stage right now"

"ok , I'm on my way, buy us a few drinks, I'm bringing kuroo"

____________________________________________________________

Kenma books a private room, knowing it would the only way he'd get the chance to see or speak with you. Hinata went on about himself and bought a few drinks, virgin of course, and danced to his heart's desire.

When Kenma arrived he was roughly 30 minutes early for his private dance, so he waited in the car until time.

Kiyoko approached you about the private dance. "hey y/n, there is a private dance and they booked you." You glanced up at her. "well my night is already going well so fine I will do it, but just this one, ok?" Kiyoko nodded. Heading back to the dressing room to freshen up you saw Hinata in the crowd, but only for a split second before he disappeared again. You thought he was familiar, but you didn't get a good enough look to be sure.

--------Play "Middle fo the Night"-by Elley Duhe--------

Just to pregame a little, you take a shot of fireball and make your way towards the private rooms. Going down the hallway, you heard your favorite song come over the speakers, allowing a small smile to fade across your lips. You walked through the door and closed it, surprised when you looked up to see kuroo who was clearly uncomfortable with being there. "What's-" you heard the door lock behind you, so you turned around and there he stood with an cocky grin on his face, he was happy to see you. He stood there like you were being reunited at an airport after one of you had been gone for several months. He smiled at you like nothing had happened, almost like he didn't break your heart.

He stepped towards her, with intentions to embrace her but she couldn't move, the overwhelming feeling of anger, shock, and all the emotional trauma was immobilizing. He waited for her to open her arms but as she watched him get closer to her all she could feel was rage. She punches him, beating on his chest, angry. Kuroo moves his coat aside, flashing a weapon but kenma shook his head and he sat back down on the couch. The punches slow down as she starts to sob into his chest and he wraps his arms around her for comfort.