Chapter 9: Three Yellow Roses (541-545)

You probably know that red roses symbolize love and passion, but you may not know that the color, number, and how roses are combined have coded meanings.

Three roses means I love you. Yellow roses means you bring joy to my life.

——————————

"I'm quite suspicious about your intentions about bringing me into this."

Fredo started to frown as Cale continued to speak in a gentle voice.

"Huuuuuu," he let out a deep sigh.

"I'll hear you out first." He stopped being angry at Cale and looked ready to listen.

"Good. You need to listen first so that we can negotiate any excessive demands. Of course, not with me."

"I'm not going to negotiate with you?"

"Yes. Someone is here as the envoy to the Dark Elf who will take that Archduke position and as the proxy for his highness the Crown Prince to lead this discussion. Discuss the rest with that person."

"What?"

A shocked Fredo noticed Cale looking away from him and looking toward the mirror.

Cale started to speak again while looking at the full-body mirror on the wall.

"I thought you wanted to quickly take care of things so I brought a talented proxy-cum-diplomat."

"...Ho!"

The moment Fredo scoffed in disbelief...

Clunk.

He heard a noise coming from the mirror.

Duke Fredo looked toward the passage that appeared once the mirror disappeared.

"My goodness. My son keeps pulling one over me."

The anxiety was gone from Fredo's face and he now looked calm.

Cale had told him to negotiate.

He had thought that he would get to chat with a strong Kingdom like the Roan Kingdom with Cale as the middleman, but the fact that he said to negotiate meant that they were considering him to be on equal footing.

However, it was an opportunity. It was a chance to speak with the person at the center of the Roan Kingdom's power, the Crown Prince's proxy. Fredo then heard a voice that seemed to be made extremely low through magic.

"What an interesting passage."

Fredo could see someone walking out of the secret passage. He thoroughly observed him before starting to speak.

"...A Dark Elf half-blood?"

"No. My mother was the half-blood and I am her son."

The quarter Dark Elf who crossed over with Choi Han guiding him was wearing a mask that covered from his nose to his forehead.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Bob and I am His Highness, the Crown Prince's proxy and also the person in charge of the Crown Prince's information network."

Cale pushed the corners of his lips down with his hand as he looked at the quarter Dark Elf wearing a mask that covered half his face who was speaking elegantly and respectfully.

His voice that was lower than usual thanks to Raon's magic sounded quite serious, unlike his usual self.

Cale worked hard to hold himself back from sighing.

"This is Bob hyung, one of my close hyungs. He is a talented hyung who works behind the scenes so nobody knows about him. You can consider Bob hyung to represent the will of His Highness, the Crown Prince."