Chapter 8: Gold Roses tipped with Red (516 & 523-527)

You probably know that red roses symbolize love and passion, but you may not know that the color, number, and how roses are combined have coded meanings.

Gold roses tipped with red means platonic relationship deepening into romance.

——————————

"The White Star went to the Roan Kingdom a moment ago."

...Where did the White Star go?

Cale's eyes widened.

Fredo continued to speak as he did that. His voice was slowly getting quieter as his body disappeared.

However, Cale still heard him properly.

"The White Star knows very well. He knows that when you are lacking information, everything can be resolved by having the life of the leader in his hands," Duke Fredo disappeared after saying that.

"...Marquis Taylor!" Rosalyn gasped.

The White Star would head to the Roan Kingdom's Northwest region to quickly find the ancient power while Cale was elsewhere. The easiest way to gather the information he needed was to capture the leader and get information out of that person as Duke Fredo mentioned.

The leader of the Roan Kingdom's Northwest region who would have that information was Marquis Taylor Stan.

"We need to save Marquis Taylor!" Rosalyn turned to Cale, only to pause when she heard Cale cursed.

"...It's not Marquis Taylor."

Cale knew they needed to quickly head to the Roan Kingdom's Northwest region. But there was one problem.

Taylor was not the leader.

The White Star should know that as well. He should know that the Roan Kingdom had a leader whom even Cale reported to. Information would go past that person or gather to that person.

Alberu told Cale that the White Star's subordinates were discovered in the Northwest region. He'd sent troops to the Northwest region while knowing that the White Star's subordinates were there, meaning the number of troops in the Capital would decrease.

There was no way the White Star wouldn't know this fact.

Duke Fredo also said that the White Star went to the Roan Kingdom only a moment ago.

Cale felt his blood go cold.

"...We need to hurry to the Palace."

——————————

With the war happening, there wasn't a lot of time for Cale to sit back and just think about his life. Cale longed for a life of slacking off, and to do that, he needed to finish off this war with an overwhelming victory.

But life didn't stop just because something was happening.

Ever since Cale was aware of the meanings behind the roses Alberu gave him, his heart had been in a state of confusion.

Even as Kim Rok Soo, Cale had never experienced love before. Crushing on someone was just a fleeting moment and no one ever said they liked him in a romantic way. He was an orphan with nothing to his name and an average appearance, after all.

Then came the apocalypse. The world was turned upside down and nobody had time for romance when survival was hard enough as it was.

When the world started to settle down, he was still an orphan with nothing. He didn't even have any abilities back then. Useless, was what he would call himself.