"I'm fine" she answered, placing away the bottles in her hand. Jeremiah knew she was lying but didn't know what to do about it yet. He decided to stand up from the floor and walk over to the soup he was cooking to see if it was okay.

"You know if you feel sick you should sit down and relax sometimes, I will get you a bowl of this delicious soup," Jeremiah said as he remembered how his mother always did when she wanted to make him feel better. He looked over his shoulder to see Evelyn turn around and watch him.

"I'm fine Jeremiah," she said low as if her energy couldn't master to say it higher. Her whole demeanour was changed from the morning before, J noticed. Dark circles under her eyes showed a lack of sleep and her posture indicated an absence. Something in the biker began to hurt when he saw the look in her eyes like she was a lost kid not finding her parents.

"Sit down, this is my kitchen and I chose that we will have a break," Jeremiah said sharply and closed the box she had bent over to take bottles out from. Evelyn looked up at him surprised by his sudden demands. Jeremiah wasn't the one bossing anyone around so this was something new for both the detective and himself. With a hand gesture, Jeremiah showed her to the counter. At first, she didn't understand what he wanted her to do but as he placed his hands on her hip and lifted her she understood the assignment.

"Jeremiah you do not need to babysit me, I'm fine-" but more than that wasn't able to be said when the biker placed a finger against her pumped lips. She stared at him in shock not knowing what to do with this act of bravery. Even Jeremiah was surprised by his own action as his hands continue to tingle by touching her skin.

"As I said, my kitchen I chose what happens here and now I want a break," J said and moved over to the stove to occupy his hands before doing something he would regret. The closeness he had with her made his body react in ways he didn't want to at the moment. She needed comfort he thought and his now horny thought wasn't helping him in his task to comfort her.

With quick movements, Jeremiah poured some soup into two blue bowls. Evelyn sat quietly watching the biker move around getting some last finishing touches on what they would presumably eat. Evelyn wouldn't tell him but she liked seeing him care for her, it made her heart swell even more than before and it was sweet of him to do this for her.

"Here, eat up," Jeremiah said huskily when he felt like the soup was as good as it could be for the moment. Evelyn thankfully took one of the bowls and began to eat. When the first spoonful thought her tongue she couldn't help but let out a long moan while she closed her eyes enjoying the taste bomb in her mouth.

"God Jeremiah this is amazing" she groan out as she swallowed the food. Without opening her eyes she let another spoon shovel more food into her mouth. Hearing her moan and say his name in the same sentence made blood rush to all the wrong places and the biker had a hard time thinking. The words he wanted to say were stuck in his throat for a few seconds as he saw her enjoy herself.

"Um thank you sugar," he said with a deeper voice than usual while watching her eat his food like it was tased of heaven. Evelyn opens her eyes and looked over at the biker embarrassed. The pale cheeks turned a crimson colour and J could only think about how cute she looked.

"You really are a magician in the kitchen as everyone says," Ev said and watched the biker lean back pleased by the compliment. He was used to getting lots of compliments when it came to his food but when it came from her it felt better than any other complement had felt like.