Chapter 18: The Morning After...

Start from the beginning

Gabriela...

Gabriela...

Gabriela!

Dammit! That was all that I was thinking about since this morning.

A smirk formed on my lips as I thought of what we were both up to the night before.

I knew that girl wanted me.

I wanted her.

But that's all.

It was just sex, nothing more.

I growled to myself as I didn't even believe my own own lie I was trying to tell myself.

I shook my head. 

I love Giselle. She's the one I love, she's my girlfriend.

But she's gone. She's been dead now for three years. Whatever future they would've had was gone, to never be found again.

I shrieked and slammed on the breaks of my car, causing a loud screech.

Why the fuck did I have to do what I did to Giselle?! Why did I have to go that stupid, overrated party that she didn't even want to go to in the first place?!

~*~

"Come on baby. Please? Pretty Please?" I plead as I pulled her body into mine, snaking my hands around her waist.

She looked so beautiful that day. She wore her hair in a short fluffy afro. She rarely wore her hair natural, which was curly and kinky. She loved switching her hairstyles up, but I begged her to keep it natural because that's when she was the prettiest to me.

She donned pink sweats that day along with a long sleeved shirt that read, "CAUTION: This girl is too sweet for your own good" She really was.

With knee high, multicolored socks on. I chuckled at the sight of how she always told me she didn't like wearing stereotypical girly outfits. It made her feel so out of place. Her style was much more alternative and nerdy. I loved how she walked to the beat of her own drum. I admired that so much about her.

Giselle wasn't like the other girls I dated. She was different. I loved that about her.

"I don't know Jacob. It's probably going to be nothing but unnecessary loud music and a whole bunch of drunk ass hippies looking for a good time."

She had a point, every time someone at our school threw a party that we attended, they were always like that.

One of them, during our junior year, Giselle and I attended. It got extremely out of hand. Everyone was completely drunk off their ass and one of the guys there were getting way too touchy with Giselle. I quickly put an end to that.

I shook my head, trying to erase the memory of how he was all up on her like that was his girl.

I knocked that motherfucker back to reality.

"You got a point, but babe, come on. It's our end of the year Senior bash. I promise you, ain't nobody gon' mess with you. I got 'chu." I say, planting kisses to her neck and she smiled at me, blushing a little.

I smiled at how adorable she looked when she tried to hide the fact that was blushing so hard.

"Mmm... okay fine." She finally relents. "But if things start getting outta' hand, I'm out in a heartbeat." 

I nodded. That was more than fair.

I leaned in slowly, planting a soft, passionate kiss on her soft, strawberry flavored lips.

I felt her smile in the kiss and deepen it. My hand slips underneath her shirt.

"I love you," I managed to say in between our sweet kisses.

"I love you too." She replies as we fell on her bed with me landing on my back.

And of course things got a little more hot and heavy after that...

~*~

A tear escapes my eyes as I quickly wiped it from my face.

I had her.

She was mine.

All mine.

But then, I let her slip through my fingers.

And I lost her.

All of it was my fault! Because I was the one out of all of us that wanted to go to that stupid party!

I hit the steering wheel with anger as I glared down the road, tears falling from my lashes, one by one.

I could never forgive myself for that — for losing the love of my life.

And my best friends who had been there with me since grade school.

I sat there, in my car as old anger began to surface. This was anger I had built up for three years since the crash.

And much like before, I just wanted to slaughter someone. Those feelings again, those desires, that bloodlust within made its way to the forefront of his mind and he felt like an untamed animal. He needed that sense of control again, those feelings of adrenaline, the void within to be filled yet again.

Gabriela.

I grit my teeth, a devilish smile crossing my face as I started the car back up, and headed to a particular store to get the supplies I would need for this soon-to-be homicide.