[14] - Jumping to our deaths

Start from the beginning

"So you're a gamer? You didn't even make it past the first level before you met me" I said and looked at him with disbelief.

Suddenly his expression changed, he seemed embarrassed. "I just had some bad luck" he said in an attempt to save his own pride.

"So if you're a gamer, then what do you play?" I asked him, just out of curiosity.

"Ehm, fortnite" he said and started walking forward. This time I couldn't hold it in. I started laughing so hard.

"Really, you play fortnite?" I asked and looked at him with disbelief again.

"It's actually kind of fun" he said and avoided eye contact.

"Wow, I can't believe someone who plays fortnite is calling himself a gamer" I said and followed him as he walked.

"Not only fortnite"

"It's bad enough that you have even played fortnite once, being a fortnite gamer, damn, that's a whole new level, are you secretly 10 years old and watch all those streamers" I continued messing with him.

"Can we just focus on the task right now?" Felix asked, clearly getting annoyed by me.

"Whatever you say, since you're the pro gamer" I said and chuckled slightly as it appeared a picture in my mind of Felix playing fortnite.

***

After walking around for a while we saw a man standing by a truck completely still. That looks really odd. Something told me this was a mission for us to earn money from.

When the man saw us he came walking towards us. "Hello, could you help me with a thing?" He asked.

"Sure" I said happily.

"I need to move all those boxes into the truck, but my back is hurting, could you please help me? I'll reward you with 20000 Won if you finish it" He said while pointing at a big pile of boxes. 20000 Won (around 15 dollars), that should be enough to fill our stomachs.

There were many boxes, somewhere around 15-20 maybe. This could take some time. "Absolutely" I said anyway and we both went to get the fist boxes. They weren't only big, they were also heavy. The truck was parked quite far away so moving them took its time.

"Ugh why didn't he park the truck closer" I complained already after taking a few steps.

"The alley is too narrow, his truck would never fit" Felix felt like he had to explain to me.

I glared at him. "Yeah I'm not blind, I was just complaining because I'm already tired" I said.

"You want any food or nah?" He asked and didn't look happy with me.

"I never said I wouldn't do it" I said to defend myself.

"I don't get how you can already be complaining like that, we only just begun" Felix said and looked at me with disbelief.

"Oh I don't know, maybe because I haven't gotten any breakfast and someone kept hitting me in my face last night as I was trying to sleep" I said and glared at him.

Felix looked back at me, not understanding completely. "I was the one hitting you in your face?" He asked.

"No the ghost, of course it was you" I said with sarcasm and continued glaring at him.