What is Love without Pain, it ain't Home

Start from the beginning

She realised if she didn't act quick, she'd lose him for good.

"Javi wait!" She cried out to no one in particular, and chased after him, after that faint trail. Anyone who saw and heard her, in that moment, at Buzzblast, couldn't fathom what in the universe she was doing.

After all, none of them actually saw Javi there.

Javi of course, ran as fast as he could, the world around him a blur, while he tried to contain his emotions, that been taken as if by a whirlwind, scattering him like dead leaves. He had never been one to be very open with what he was feelings, always putting on a happy face, always pretending everything was okay. Truth was, he never trusted anyone enough to let his feelings loose, to trust someone to understand, to know things would've okay. He had started to do it with his friends, opening up slowly, but he knew he still had a long way to go.

Last night, when him and Amelia had been talking, his mind right now traced the moments, he breathed deeply, thinking. Remembering. His heart ached as he recalled the conversation, almost word by word.

They had been talking about music. Not just his music, their general music tastes. Amelia had told him she was reading a fantasy book that had something to do with Demons and Ghosts possessing people they loved after their deaths, and Javi had commented about how he almost always ended up associating a song, or a tune with anything he read. She had said she did the same with her books. This one in particular fit well with a bunch of Alan Walker songs.

They had started talking about songs then, and he was surprised to find out that actually no one had ever actually asked him what songs he liked. You know, other than his own.

The conversation had been deep, meaningful, moreso than anyone could imagine at a superficial level.

How can two people connect over music? Javi believed someone who knew music like he did would never need to ask that question.

What had happened then? She had wanted to kiss him too, but maybe it was in the moment...

Her words rang through his mind, "but I can't"

He felt angered, he knew Ollie had something to do with it, and tried to think rationally.

But it seemed his mind had given him a ditch. People were still continuing their charade of ignoring him, not acknowledging he existed.

Invisible as he was, he knew he was there. He could feel himself. And Amelia had talked to him. That had been proof enough for him. Otherwise he could've considered something was wrong with him.

He made his way to Ollie Akana's house.

Ollie was a good friend, and an even better ranger, sure, the two of them could talk about what was happening. He always looked at the logical side of things maybe he could explain everyone's strange behaviour.

And that's what he hoped for.

...

Strangely though, when he arrived at his friend's doorstep, he found the Akana's doorway wide open. There were muddy footprints leading in, and they looked strangely dragged. As if someone had been walking heavily.

He wondered if he should enter, and called out, "Ollie?" But no reply met him, minutes later, as he waited, he yelled again, "Ollie? Mrs Akana? Anybody home? It's Javi!"

No reply. Not a word.

He took a deep breath, this was starting to get tiring.

He heard a faint sobbing sound coming from somewhere within the house, and walked in, following the muddy footprints, all the way upstairs, to probably what was Ollie's room.