The Eggplant, The Witch, And The Wardrobe Part 2...

A/N

Hehe...

Remember when I said this would be two parts? I may have lied. SORRY!!! Hope you enjoy!

"Woah." Sara said, not letting go of Cat's hand. The two had jumped to a random date in Cat's past. "Cat, do you know what day this is?" Cat stared around distantly, not answering Sara's question. "Cat? Cat?" Sara snapped her fingers in her face, trying to get her attention.

"Yeah, sorry, what'd you say?"

"I asked if you knew where we were." She repeated.

"Yeah, yeah I do." As if on queue, younger Cat entered the room with her brother. Cat stared at them longingly, wanting to see her brother again. To have a true family again.

"Bruder, ich verstehe nicht, warum ich gehen muss. (Brother, I don't understand why I have to go.)"

"Diese Leute, mein Schwan, sie werden dir helfen. Sie werden dich stärker als je zuvor zu uns zurückbringen. Und das brauchen wir. Bitte mach es für mich. (These people, my swan, they will help you. They will bring you back to us stronger than ever. And that's what we need. Please, do it for me.)"

Before young Cat had the time to answer, two Nazi soldiers barged through the door. Cat yelled and tried to run, but her brother held her long enough for the two Nazi soldiers to restrain her. She kicked, and screamed, and kicked even harder, but nothing worked.

Older Cat was crying silently and Sara, terrified of the scene that had just unraveled in front of her, grabbed onto Cat tightly and let her cry in her arms. Well, until they jumped to another moment in Cat's past.

XXX

"Cat, why did your mind choose that moment?"

"It's because it's the first time I ever felt truly alone." Cat admitted. Sara was about to answer when there was motion outside. "Oh, shit." Cat muttered to herself. Too wrapped up in her own thoughts, she just realized where her and Sara were.

"You know where-when we are?"

"You could say that." Cat said, invested in studying her surroundings. Earth-X Sara came sprinting from around a corner, Cat's younger self hot on her tail. Sara looked back to see where Cat was, not having the chance to turn her head fully before she was tackled. Cat's younger self quickly got up and aimed a gun and Earth-X Sara's head. Just then, Earth-X Quentin Lance as well as a few guards caught up.

"Töte sie. Jetzt!" (Kill her. Now!) He yelled. Sara tried to scramble, but Cat put a bullet straight through her head. Quentin clapped behind her. "Sehr gut, schwarzer Schwan. Das haben Sie sich verdient." (Very good, Black Swan. You have earned this.) He strapped a small medal to her chest. He then stared at his dead daughter's body. "Widerlich." (Disgusting). He spat on the body, a look of disgust on his face.

"You really weren't kidding when you said this place was bad." Sara muttered to Cat. "You okay?"

"No. But I don't think I'll ever be okay." She admitted.

XXX

Immediately, they were taken to another point in Cat's past. Cat had learned- she studied her surroundings immediately, trying to figure out where in her past they were.

"Oh no. No, no, no, no, no, no. We have to get out of here, Sara." She started pacing the floors, panicked.

"Cat, what's about to happen?" Sara asked, concerned. Before Cat had the chance to answer, she spotted her- Alex.

"Hey babe." Alex called out in their secret spot as Cat approached her.

"Nicht so laut Alex. Wir wissen beide, was passieren würde, wenn es jemand herausfindet." (Not so loud Alex. We both know what would happen if someone found out.) Cat kissed her girlfriend and sat down next to her.

"Ich weiss. Aber weißt du, wie schwer es ist, dich nicht jedes Mal zu küssen, wenn ich dir in die Augen schaue?" (I know. But, do you know how hard it is not to kiss you everytime I look into your eyes?) Alex responded, seductively.

"Ich habe eine Idee." (I have some idea.) Cat said, exaggerating the 'some.' She pulled her in and kissed her. It became very heated. And then, a shot rang out, making the older Merlyn flinch. Next thing either of them knew, Alex was on the floor drenched in a pool of her own blood.

"Du dreckiges Tier!" (You dirty animal). He aimed for the younger Merlyn's head, but she ducked, ran after and tackled him, grabbing his gun in the process. I put my foot on his chest and aimed the gun at his head.

"Du hast meine Geliebte getötet. Das ist für Alex." (You killed my beloved. This is for Alex." Cat shot him in the head and his body went limp. She ran over to Alex's body and held her in my arms.

"Warum hast du mich verlassen" (Why did you leave me?) She pulled her closer and sobbed into her dead body.

Back over with the Older Merlyn, Cat was in tears. Sara was clearly uncomfortable. Yes, she cared for Cat greatly, but she was stuck consoling her over her ex-girlfriend's death. Not that she'd ever let Cat know that.

"It's okay, come here." She pulled Cat into her chest and let her cry.

XXX

Cat's eyes were wired shut, meaning she had no clue when she and Sara had jumped to another point in Cat's past. The only thing that got her to open her eyes was Sara's voice.

"Is this the waverider? Why is your most painful memory in my room?" Cat's breath hitched, knowing exactly why this was the last point on the trip.

"Hey." Cat said, entering Sara's room.

"We need to talk." Sara responded bluntly.

"No good conversation ever started out that way." Cat said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Look, Cat I'm sorry."

"Listen, I can't pretend to understand what you're going through or what happened to you, but I know that wasn't you."

"That's just it. That was me. Just like fire is to Rory, there is a part of me that-it's always been there and I really tried to pretend that that wasn't true, but deep down I am death."

"No, Sara, so then we will fight that part of you together. Just-just tell me what to do."

"Cat you know me, you read my file."

"I did! I showed up in that restaurant in that stupidly uncomfortable dress trying to impress you. Look I don't care about your past Sara-"

"Well maybe you should! You-" she said resting her hand on her cheek. "You are wonderful. And I-I've never been this happy in my life."

"But this doesn't look happy." Cat said, pointing out the tears falling out of Sara's eyes.

"Look, I don't deserve you, Cat."

"Yes Sara, yes you do."

"No I don't. You deserve better. You deserve so much better and I care about you, but- I can't do this, I won't do this."

"You do not get to do this Sara. You convinced me to love you and you promised you wouldn't leave me. You promised me."

"I'm not leaving." she said lightly.

"Then what do you call what you're doing?" Cat asked, pain in her voice. At this point tears were streaming down her face.

"I'm saving you." She had tears in her eyes as well, but wouldn't dare to let them fall.

"Well, I don't want to be saved! Ever think that maybe I didn't want to be saved? Ever think that maybe, just maybe, I would want to go down with the shitty life I've had? Until six weeks ago I didn't have a place in the world. And I chose to love you. You told me to love you, so you don't just get to walk out. I'm not being saved."

"Maybe you are, maybe you are not. Either way I can't be there with you for that." Without another word, Cat opened up a portal to the time bureau and stepped through it, leaving the blonde in her own thoughts. Then, everything around them went black.