Daddy Darhkest

I woke up the next morning and for a minute had no recollection of the night before. That was before Sara's arm wrapped around my waist. Then I remembered everything. The talk. The kiss. Everything that happened after. To be honest, I panicked. I fell out of bed pretty loudly. Sara moved a little, but I don't think she woke up. I quickly got dressed and ran into the kitchen to grab some breakfast. After about ten minutes, Zari sat next to me.

"Morning." she told me cheerfully.

"Everything okay? You seem overly cheery this morning."

"You and whoever you were with were pretty loud last night. I'm just enjoying this moment." she told me honestly.

"Oh my god."

"So, spill. Tell me everything."

"Nothing to tell." She gave me a weird face.

"Pardon me Miss Tomaz and Miss Merlyn, but Captain Lance is asking for everyone's presence on the bridge."

At the mention of Sara's name I looked down. Unfortunately, Zari noticed. "Oh my god. It was Sara." she said as we got up.

"Don't. Just don't." I told her as we headed towards the bridge.

XXX

The entire time we were walking to the bridge Zari kept questioning me on my relationship with Sara. We walked in and she was talking to everyone with John Constantine.

"I thought we gave the Englishman to the time pigs." Mick grumbled. I had no idea what he was talking about.

"That was Rip, this is John Constantine."

"Skinny Brit in a trench coat. Same thing."

"Constantine?" I asked from behind him.

"Hello love. Glad to see you again." he said, turning around.

"Sorry you two know each other?" Sara asked.

"Three years ago I got sent to this Earth from Earth-X for a year long mission."

"Needless to stay we got... involved." Constantine finished, not breaking eye contact with me. Sara gave me a surprised look before Constantine went on.

"I am an accomplished warlock, an expert of the occult, and a master of exorcism. I'm also a taurus for those of you taking notes." He winked at me while I just rolled my eyes. He looked over to Amaya and his eyes laid on her totem.

"The Anansi Totem. That belongs to-"

"Her granddaughter." Nate cut him off. "Same totem, different vixen. She's from 1942. You were saying about the warlock thing."

"Accomplished warlock, mate. Well, I am charmed to know another who bears the family name." He put out his hand for Amaya and she shook it.

"It's an honor." She responded.

"So, how'd you get tangled up with this lot?" Constantine asked me seductively.

"I was finally able to get away from Earth-X. This is my parole arrangement." I explained to him.

"This is too much for me. I'm going to watch TV." Mick said, eventually everyone started wandering off except for Sara.

"Cat, stay back for a minute." I looked at Zari desperately, but she just gave me a get it girl look. I turned around and looked at Sara.

"So, how's your butt."

"Excuse me?"

'I heard you fall out of bed this morning. Sounded like it hurt." She told me. Looks like she did wake up.

"Oh, I'm good."

"Look, about last night-"

"It was a one time thing. Totally get it."

"Actually, you don't. I love you Cat. And I get it if last night was a one time thing for you, but to me it was more. You don't have to give me an answer right now. Just think about it. Think about loving me." She told me before walking away. All I knew was that I needed to find Zari.

XXX

"Zari!" I yelled knocking on the doors to her quarters.

She opened the door. "What's up?"

"Sara wanted to talk about what happened last night, she told me she was into me and wants to try things out and I don't know-" I kept rambling really fast.

"Okay, I'm going to ask you to slow down and tell me what happened." she told me while pulling me into her room.

"Sara asked me to stay behind to talk about what happened last night. She told me she really loved me and wanted to try things out and she told me to take some time to think. And right now I don't even know how I feel."

"Well, with how loud you both were last night, I'm pretty sure you like her too." I punched her arm playfully.

"Shut up."

"Look, I can't tell you how you feel, but I can certainly tell you this; Sara has this look for you. She doesn't use that look for the rest of us. She gives us an 'I want to punch you in the face' look. But, the look she gives you is something different. It's love. And, let me ask you this; who initiated the first kiss?"

I paused before answering, "Her."

"So, she is really into you. The question is; how do you feel about her?" She asked before walking off.

A/N

I made this chapter high in Zari X Cat friendship and Sara X Cat sort of relationship, but I have some more bumps in the road before we get the full Sara X Cat.