Snape?!

After our morning classes, Badger, Daz and I were roaming the halls. We were talking about anything and everything that came to mind when suddenly, "Hey, De? Can I ask you something?" Badger asked.

"You just did, Badge." She punches my shoulder playfully, "But you can ask another one. And depending on that question, you may just get an answer." I gave her a playful smile and she rolled her eyes.

"Well, I was wondering if you and Hermione were a thing." I stopped dead in my tracks, stared at her, then burst out laughing.

"A-are you s-serious?!" I laughed. She looked at me and nodded, which caused me to laugh even more.

"What? It was a legitimate question. Plus she did call you "love" earlier, sooo..."

"No. Hermione and I are not a thing. One, she's not my type. Two, she's a bit too old. And three, she's basically like my older sister. I met her and Ron when I was about nine when Harry had invited them over for the summer. Hermione found out a few things about me and since then, has promised to not tell anyone and to protect me from what she can." Badger nodded.

"Mkay. I was just a little curious." I waved her off.

"Nah, it's fine. We actually get that a lot since she's so overprotective. It's sweet, but also kind of annoying cause it would be like dating one of my brothers."

After a few minutes of silence, the three of us headed to the Great Hall for lunch.

Once there, I spotted my brothers and friends sitting at the Gryffindor table. Badger looks over and sees them too so she drags Daz and I over to them.

"Hey guys!" She says, sitting down in between Avery, who looked a bit annoyed, and Brexton, who gave her an amused smile.

"Hey guys. How were your first classes?" Draco asked as I sat next to him and Daz across from his sister.

"They were okay. Charms was pretty fun and Dean was a natural with that and Transfiguration." Badger said, putting a few pieces of chicken on her plate.

"That's amazing, Dean-o!" Gabe exclaimed through a mouthful of turkey, which he choked on. Sam, who was sitting next to him shook his head and placed it in his hands from embarrassment while the rest of us laugh.

"Anyway, what do you have next?" Draco asked. I shrugged.

"Potions, I think." I looked to Badger for confirmation and she nodded.

Harry groaned and Draco patted his back. "Good luck with that, mate. Snape is ruthless to all of us, 'cept Draco since he's the quote unquote "golden child" in his eyes." Ron said. Draco rolled his eyes as everyone else nodded.

"That is not why. It's because I happen to actually be good at it, thank you." Draco retorted.

A few minutes pass by after that. Everyone was laughing and talking and eating. Soon, it's time for Badger and I to get to class. "Alright, guys. See you later at dinner. We have to go now. Come on, De." Badger says as she stands up.

I nod, get up, and tell everyone goodbye as I make my way down to the dungeons with Badger.

"Do you really think Snape is as bad as Ron said?" I asked nervously. Badger shrugged.

"I heard he's pretty ruthless and favors the Slytherins from Avery and Brex. Jace, however, says that he actually doesn't really like him and he's a Slytherin, so I have no idea." I gulped as we entered the classroom a few minutes early.

Badger and I sat in the middle of the room together.

A few minutes later, there were other people filing in. Some Slytherins, some Gryffindors. It looked like Badge and I were the only Ravenclaws in this class, which made me a bit nervous. A few more minutes later, Snape came sweeping through the classroom. He announced that we wouldn't be using our wands that much, which was fine with me.