Chapter 4: All Your Fault

A growl was heard and I didn't need to turn around to know who it came from. Mia, receiving a hot glare, took a step back. "I'll see you in Geography, Minnette. You can finish this up."

"Mia, wait," I called out but she ran away in the direction of our next class. Sighing, I turned back to the two boys.

One looked extremely disappointed while the other was, just, wearing a look of pure rage.

"Minnie, I'm very sorry about what he just pulled."

"It's ok-"

"Why are you sorry, huh?" he cut me off, his brow twitching as he faced me. "And you, don't think I'm done with you. You and your friend still have to pay for that stunt she pulled, you hear me?"

I could only nod in silence.

In reality, what could I have done? Aki works out, plays soccer, AND has a bunch of guys behind his back.

But me? I'm just a lazy dumbass who eats food every day while watching movies and anime, hides behind her best friend, and doesn't even know how to talk in public.

Introvert problems, am I right?

Turning on my heels, I hurried to my class, leaving the two boys to bicker. I hope he doesn't do anything drastic to us. Honestly, Mia, this is all your fault.

I was able to breeze past my remaining classes and lunch had finally rolled up.

Yet, Mia and I haven't spoken a word to each other. Not by free will, funny enough.

Mr. Dree was extra strict today and no one could talk. Like, he didn't even allow us to ask questions. Man, I wonder what's going on back home. Nothing good, I presume.

I picked my up oh-so-tantalizing food and headed to our rendezvous point. The roof.

There are a few reasons we picked that spot, One: Most people at our school are so social and so they LOVE the cafeteria. Two: We get some peace and quiet. Three: We don't have any other friends.

That's...basically it.

I sighted familiar tufts of brown hair and picked up the pace. Hearing my footsteps she turned around and gave me a small smile. "Hey, Minnie."

"Hey, what was that all about? In the hallway?" I asked as I sat down, placing my food tray on my lap.

"Nothing much, except the fact that Aki looked ready to devour me. And not in a good way." She replied, chuckling at her attempt at dirty jokes.

"Not cool, Mia."

"What?" she asked with her mouth full, which earned her a slap from me.

"First of all, don't talk with food in your mouth," I scolded as she rolled her eyes at me. "Yes, Mom."

"Second, this is all your fault."

"What's all my fault?"

She blinked repeatedly feigning innocence. "Oh, don't give me that. I still don't know what you did to him but it's very much clear he's after us. And who's fault is that?"

"Anger issues?"

"No! You!"

She let out a sigh. "Ok, I'll tell you exactly what I did. But first, you have to say it's not my fault."

"Huh? Why? You clearly did something stupid and got us into this mess. So, it's your fault."

"It's not her fault. Aki's just a jerk."