[13] - Sofas, beds and dry bread with jam

Start from the beginning

I suddenly felt how empty my stomach was. I hadn't eaten since level 3 and before that I hadn't eaten since entering the game. We might be in a game but I could still feel hunger, that was except for in the lobby because there weren't any possibilities to die there, not even from starvation.

"I'm really hungry, I've killed a principle and ran from guards that are for sure not guarding us" I said to justify the extreme hunger I felt.

"We should try get some food, then come back here to eat and sleep" Felix suggested.

"Sounds great, I want cheesecake" Jisung said.

"You can't be picky now, we'll get what we get" I said.

"Mm" he muttered and we left the furniture store.

Strolling down the street in hopes of finding anything that was food, that wasn't very efficient in this city. Most things down this street were abandoned or destroyed and definitely closed down.

The sun was starting to set and we were all getting tired after searching for around half an hour. I didn't have any watch so I couldn't know for sure, but it felt like an eternity.

We continued walking until I saw a grocery store where the lights were on. We stopped to look in through the window and saw a woman sitting behind the counter. It was definitely opened, but not a single customer could be seen.

It looked a bit creepy i must say, but we were all hungry, so we opened up the door and stepped into the store. The woman saw us the second the door opened up and kept her eyes stuck on us as we started looking around.

"So what should we get?" Jeongin asked, scanning the shelves.

"Cheesecake" Jisung said and had already found the cheesecakes. Not that it was a big store, but that boy seriously could have some sort of cheesecake sensor looking at how he fast he found his way there.

"That's not real food" I said and looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing too spicy" Felix said when he saw how I was looking at chili sauces. I loved spicy food, what a pity.

"And no beans" Jeongin added.

"Maybe eggs" Seungmin said.

"But we have no way to cook the eggs" Felix said and looked at him with disbelief.

We were all split up chaotically in the store, just looking for good suggestions, when I saw a prize tag and was reminded by reality again.

"Guys, do you have any money on you?" I asked them.

Everyone stuck their hands in their pockets and took out what they had.

"Not much" Seungmin said and showed what he had. The others showed their hands as well. This wasn't enough for all of us if we actually wanted full bellies, but it was better than nothing.

I went to the lady behind the counter. "Ehm excuse me, do you take cards?" I asked and held up my card. I knew it had money on it, the question was if it worked.

"Cash only" she said shortly.

I sighed and the others looked at me with sadness.

"But do you know how we can get cash?" I continued trying to get information from her.

"You work" she answered. Not very helpful.

"And how do we find a job?" I tried again.

"There are different tasks around the city, accomplish a mission to get payed" she said, finally being helpful.