•• Chapter Twenty ••

Start from the beginning

With confusion, she followed Elena down the hall and when Elena opened one of the doors, her eyes widen as she comes to a realization.

"What are you doing!?" Vivian whispered towards the girl. Quickly, she turned around, Elena's wide eyes stare back at her with shock.

"Shh!" Elena says, grabbing Vivian's arm, she rushed her into the cell where Elijah's body lays.
Vivian shakes her head in disbelief as Elena slowly goes over to the body. Slowly, she removed the dagger from his chest.

"Elena, what are you doing?" She asked, again.

However, before she gave an answer, Elijah suddenly gasped to life, causing Elena to jump with a fright. Vivian, with Stefan's voice in her head, moved to stand beside the stupid girl.

"Elijah." Elena says, moving slowly from Vivian towards the body.

"Fucking hell." Vivian muttered, going towards them. Slowly, Elijah's head turns from Elena to Vivian. His eyes squint in question.

"Vivian and Katerina." He breaths out. Vivian sighs as his eyes slowly close once more.

"What the hell are you doing! Seriously, it's bad enough Klaus is still—"

"Shh! They'll hear you." Elena says, "I have a plan. Either you help me or not, just be quiet"

Vivian blinked back. Not expecting being spoken to like that, especially by Elena no less. From what she's gathered about the girl, she wasn't the type of random outburst. At least to to strangers.

When there's a thud, Elena and Vivian turn their heads towards Elijah as he slowly begins to stand up.

"Now you've done it." Vivian mutters.

"I can't—I can't breathe." He pants out. Falling to the ground. "What's happening to me?"
He got up, rushing towards the door, he is stopped by the protective shield.

Elena walked over to him and grabbed his shoulders. "You're not invited in." Elena says.

"Get me out of here." He says, looking from Elena to Vivian. Shoving him, he's able to push past the door.

"What was the plan again?" Vivian asked, looking towards Elena before they both hurry and run after the original.
When they reach upstairs, they catch Elijah at the door. He tries to get in but is stopped.

"What happened?" Elijah breaths out, looking from Vivian to Elena.

"Shh." Elena says, putting a finger to her lips. "I'll tell you but not here." She whispered, pointing upwards. "Can I trust you?"

Elijah raised a brow, "Can I trust you?" He whispered back. Elena rolled her eyes but slowly handed him the dagger. Vivian inwardly cursed. Stefan and Damon are going to kill her, and because she's an accomplice, they might as well kill Vivian too.

Without another work, Elena turns to face Vivian. She nods her head to the door and Vivian knows she's silently asking her to tag along.
Despite not wanting to, Vivian sighs and nods her head in agreement.

~

  Sitting in the back of Elena's car was not something Vivian had planned. Her phone had vibrated a couple times and she only assumed that it was one of the brothers looking for their lost girl.
Vivian was tired, hungry, and annoyed she was dragged into this. And being in the presence of Elijah didn't help the matter.

The man had been somewhat a friend to Vivian.
In her time with Klaus and Katherine, when she was feeling particularly alone or just bored, she would find companionship in him. Their love for poetry and books and the shared annoyance of Klaus kept their conversations lively and interesting.