"Straight up ahead."

My eyes caught her down the aisle we were on, Carl approaching the oblivious brunette. "Oh, I see her." She was dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie, the attire weirdly suiting her.

"She better run. Grandpa sees her too." My buddy snickered.

I frowned in confusion. "Why would she run?"

"Grandpa met her a couple of years ago and took a liking. Told her to come for dinner, but she never shows up. He says he's been being nice and the next time he meets her, she'll have a piece of his mind." He told me with a smug grin.

I felt a sudden shot of something in the pit of my stomach. The thought of Thalia actually giving in and joining us for dinner this Wednesday elicited a weird but good feeling.

"I was told to come over too." I grinned to myself.

Paul happily smacked my shoulder. "We can build a fire and make s'mores after dinner."

"I love s'mores. Are we having burgers again?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the two in front of us.

"Definitely burgers."

I could hear Mr Lahey scolding Thalia about constantly rejecting his kindness. The woman, for the first time that I've seen, lowered her blank stare and seemed genuinely sorry.

She nodded. "I know, Mr Lahey, but I'm busy with work and..."

"You should be more grateful. Come over on Wednesday." He dismissed her. "And don't try to lie. I know you have Wednesday nights off."

"Mr Lahey, I'm not sure I can make it." Thalia tried to say, but he'd already began to slowly walk off.

While Pual went behind his grandfather, I walked up to Thalia with my trolley to bother her. She groaned quietly when she spotted me, annoyance clear as she gripped her basket of groceries.

Ever since our first lunch two weeks ago, I'd managed to rope the woman into three more meals. I talked her into it by simply ranting until she got tired of saying 'no.' It went the same each time. We'd walk to the same small restaurant, order a different meal each time, Thalia would stay silent and I'd chat about my day and random facts about myself.

I was completely aware of how much I was doing. I was aware of how pushy I was being. But there was something similar about Thalia and I didn't like that one bit.

"So, I guess I'll be seeing you at dinner Wednesday." I smiled down at her.

Her brown eyes scanned me quickly before she turned to the fruits. "You won't."

I refrained from pouting and pursed my lips. "That's too bad. The Lahey's burgers are really good. Best I've ever had. Perfect, delicious. I'm hungry just thinking about it."

Thalia lifted a brow, her eyes inspecting the apples. She put three in her basket before looking up at me. "Then I hope for your sake, Wednesday comes quickly."

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "I guess I'll see you around?"

"Should I expect you tomorrow for my daily dosage of pestering?" She asked with an inaudible sigh.

A smile broke free as I took that as an invitation but sadly I couldn't. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm working a 24 hour shift. I'll make an appearance after that."

The brunette held her basket with both hands, a small hum leaving her. "I'll enjoy the peace while I can then."

"And I'll be by to disrupt that in no time." I winked at her, guiding my trolley to the registers.