"Can we go now?" I asked, drinking some water, and swallowing a painkiller as I waited for a response from my family.

"Si, let's go." My father said, clearing his throat as he looked at me with a frown. "Why the painkillers?"

"I have a headache."

Shaking his head at me, he walked to the front door as he led my mother and brothers out of the house.

Seeing that my brother got into his own car, I walked towards mine when a loud shout from my father startled me and I almost dropped my keys.

"Qué crees estás haciendo?" My father shouted and I turned to face him.

"I'm going to the restaurant in my car. What's the matter with that?" I questioned, folding my arms over my chest.

"You aren't going in a separate car; you will come with your mother and I so we can maintain our image in case we are spotted in public. This is the last thing I need to deal with Chiara, so put your keys away and get into the car- I'm not dealing with more of your screw-ups for tonight, especially with what you're wearing." He scoffed.

Inhale, exhale.

"Fine, let's go then." I said, not even bothering to glance at my father, my insides burning with rage for the way he spoke to me.

I was furious. Taking a deep breath, I put my Airpods in and covered them with my hair, sitting back in the seat as we drove off, the noise of my parents' conversations fading away as I turned up the volume.

*   *   *

We arrived at the restaurant a mere 20 minutes later and the car door was opened for me by my brother Rafael. I thanked him and smiled as he grabbed my arm to let my parents enter the restaurant first.

"Matías wants to talk to you." He whispered, and I turned my head slightly to hear him better. "Talk to him now whilst you have the chance."

I looked forward to where my older brothers were standing, waiting for Raf and I to go ahead, so I went forward and gestured for Matías to come with me.

"Raf said you wanted to talk to me. What's up?" I whispered as we walked slowly together.

"Do you really have a headache or are you faking it ?" He asked me. "You know how Papa gets when he hears about these minor things. He makes it seem like it's all our faults."

I stopped and turned to Matías. "Why would I fake having a headache, Matías?"

"I know you're my sister and all, but you can do some crazy things." He muttered.

Smacking his arm, I scoffed and asked him where he was the other day.

"Yes, I went to go see my girlfriend. Raf keeps giving me shit for it and I don't know what to tell him. He doesn't get it."

"I'll deal with him, don't stress about it. You know he's only looking out for you. We all saw what she did to you and how it made you act. It wasn't okay, Matías."

"I know, I know. I promise this time, I know I have to be careful. Please, just let me do this."

"I won't stop you from doing anything. I just want you to be safe."

He gave me a kiss on the cheek, and we walked into the restaurant, just catching up to our parents and brothers as they reached the table where the Russo family was sat, waiting for us to arrive.