Chapter 3

Zephyr [ zen • fr ] —A gentle, mild breeze (noun)

______

"So this is love (mhmm)

So this is love,

So this is what makes

life divine."

Aurora slowly began to wake up as the beautiful music about love played from her lullaby's box. She gently rubbed her eyes with her fist as if to fight off the sleep before a small smile made its way to her lips. She had remembered last night. she remembered the way he made her feel comfortable like no other. He made her feel like fireworks were bursting off in her stomach hitting all her organs, especially her heart; he made her feel butterflies is what they call it.

The way his big hand swallowed her own made her think he was made to protect, to control, to lead. He was like her white knight in shining armor like princess Aurora's prince making her grab ahold of her pillow, and bury her blushed face deep into it.

My own Prince Phillip?

Is what she thought as she kept blushing while getting out of bed and heading toward the kitchen. Her mother stood there spreading jam onto a piece of bread while softly humming a certain song. A song that Aurora knew extremely well.

"Good morning sweetheart, how was your sleep," her mother asked as she slid over her plate towards her and then tapped the seat for Aurora to sit. "It was an amazing mother... I had a wonderful dream" Aurora said before digging into the tasting bread and then sipping on some juice.

" Hmmm, was it a dream about that man you walked home with last night ? " her mother asked causing Aurora to look up from her plate but already find her mother staring directly at her. Aurora didn't know exactly what to say judging from the look on her mother's face she seemed like a bomb ready to explode so she simply kept her mouth shut.

" Tell me, my child, are you grateful for everything I have done for you? Don't you think I've been a good mother ? " she asked and she received a slight nod from Aurora. How could she say no to that question? without her, she wouldn't be here. She wouldn't be Aurora, she wouldn't be able to wake up to well-cooked meals and a comfy mattress, and she wouldn't be able to read books or play around with her cat —Lola.

She would still be #2351-2B. A property, A tag, A display.

A shiver ran down aurora's back as tears began to swell into her eyes when remembered the life she once lived. A life where older men would strip her from her clothes to stare at her bare 6-year-old body and touch themselves to it. Kiss up on her and have her do things they deemed as "adorable" for their twisted satisfaction. That is the life her dear mother —Martha saved her from by taking her under her wing and showing her the definition of love, and family.

"...Of course, You are the best m-mother I could ever ask for! I love you dearly!" She shouted through her tearful hiccups as she got off her stool and hugged her mother while she patted her head. Martha ran her hands through Aurora's curls while holding a smile on her face; she was truly satisfied with Aurora's reaction. To her, Aurora was seen as a gift that reassured her how kind she was to blind her from her evilness. " I love you too my child "

All she needed to do was listen because mother knows

______