Chapter 50: Goading Into Action

Start from the beginning

But Taehyung was only dreaded and fearless because the Marquis of Lin An residence had his back.

But behind him, was the Marquis of Lin An residence the only one?

Just as she was pondering, Kim Chang Wu at the bottom of the stage said, "Eldest Brother, this... I am afraid is not good."

"What is not good about it?" Taehyung glanced at Jennie before looking back at Kim Chang Wu and laughed, "Or else do you think that Shen Jennie is more challenging compared to this Marquis?"

In a 'hong' sound, everyone below laughed.

Taehyung continued to pick on Jennie as he sized her up, "No inner strength and no martial arts skills but you want to challenge her in archery. You are also one who practices martial arts and to challenge someone without the strength to truss a chicken, I as an elder brother would not understand the rationale." He suddenly smiled as his magnetic voice lowered, "But the little girl looks not bad and if you are challenging due to her looks then it would be worthy."

Like this, all the youths who had taut lips started to laugh and some even cast a dubious look towards Jennie. Indeed the current Jennie had already shed the silly and stupid image and her facial features seemed to be glowing. She was naturally born with good features, which made her look delicate and adorable but was very calm which made one always keep an eye on her. It was only because her past image was too strong that one was not able to change it in a short moment of time. But with Taehyung's words, the last layer of paper was peeled off and the youths did not hesitate to agree that Jennie was a special little beauty.

The females were however not happy. Taehyung's words were obviously praising Jennie's looks. Shen Yue's and Shen Qing's expressions changed simultaneously. Even though their hearts went towards Fu Jong Kai, but there were so many handsome and exceptional males in the world and Fu Jong Kai was not the only one. In the Ding capital, Taehyung kind of youth was considered to be unique in the whole of Ming Qi and for this kind of youth to praise that idiot, it made Shen Yue and Shen Qing, who held themselves in higher regards, to be extremely jealous.

Yi Pei Lan frowned and muttered, "Little Kim Marquis must be blind, else how would he think that Shen Jennie is good looking?"

"It must be Shen Jennie who used some tricks to mystify him." Bai Wei bit her lips and stared at the youth on stage, "Shen Jennie is truly shameless. Previously she entangled with Prince Kai without letting go and now she entangled little Kim Marquis."

Jennie did not know of their discussion but if she were to know about it, she would only laugh it off. This was because she knew that the purpose of Taehyung saying that sentence was not to tease her or rescue her, but a method to ensure the two Kim brothers would be incapable to refuse and force them to come up.

In all fairness, the two brothers of the Kim family would naturally be unwilling to compete with Taehyung. Not mentioning about win or lose, Kim Ding all the while dotted on the Di son so when the step sons and the Di son challenged one another during the academy examinations, Kim Ding would only think that the brothers were on bad terms. And the biased Kim Ding would certainly be dissatisfied with the two brothers.

Therefore, Kim Chang Wu and Kim Chang Chao would definitely find ways and means to decline but Taehyung was also a clever person. He did not used force but goaded them into action.

Yes. Kim Chang Wu was not willing to challenge Taehyung but wanted to challenge Jennie who did not have the strength to truss a chicken, which was really too strange. His selfishness was almost laid bare in front of everyone.

In order to dispel the thought in everyone's mind and also in order to prove that he really was not doing it to build a connection with the Cai family, Kim Chang Wu had to go up on stage himself and compete with Taehyung. This was a move without better options but after he agreed, the hope of using Jennie to pull a closer relationship with the Cai family would become fruitless and it would be considered as lost.

He braced himself and got up, "Since Elder Brother has spoken, there is no logic for this younger brother not to comply."

How would Taehyung give him a chance to grumble? In the battlefield, when he wanted someone to lose, they will lose merciless.

"One person is not enough." He raised his eyebrow, "Third Younger Brother, come and compete together."

CHAPTER COMPLETED AND EDITED