Chapter 49 - Shen Jennie is truly a General's daughter

Start from the beginning

This made the Cai husband and wife extremely furious. Their son who would usually get the first rank in archery, was not able to shoot the target at all today and was even made a fool in front of everyone. Jennie only said that she had followed suit and pulled the bow for the first time and she was able to hit the fruit target. What kind of silly thing was this?

Melodious claps were heard and everyone looked back to see Prince Yu clapping his hands, "It was indeed not bad."

She took a glance at him but did not make a sound.

The examiner said, "For the topic on archery, is there anyone else who wants to challenge?"

Naturally Jennie was considered the winner of this match, and the others could come up to challenge her. If no one challenged then Jennie would be the first rank without any qualms.

Hearing this sentence, Shen Yue's expression looked ugly in a short moment. This was the first examinations that she was completely overshadowed by Jennie. She looked at Kai, who was talking to Prince Zhou and Prince Jing, from afar and her tightly clasped hands relaxed. She could not help but curse that useless Cai Lin in her heart.

But at the next moment, someone from the arena shouted, "I want to challenge Shen Jennie!"

In the male side of the banquet, there stood a youth. This person looked around sixteen to seventeen year old and looked not bad. Unfortunately that pair of eyes were unable to conceal and revealed shrewdness that even if the tone of voice was filled with modesty, it made one feel that it was a hypocritical act.

With only one look, Jennie knew who this person was. She felt that it was somewhat funny in her heart as this was the Marquis of Lin An's Shu son, Kim Taehyung's step-brother, the Second Young Master, Kim Chang Wu.

This person does not have other abilities but was very slick and sly. In the official circles one must have a slick and sly attitude and must know how to butter up others. Afterwards when the entire Kim family collapsed, this pair of step-sons and Madame Fang relied on the new Emperor's compensation to the Kim family to live comfortably and Kim Chang Wu and his younger brother, Kim Chang Chao, even became officers in court. At that time she really disliked these two brothers because these step-brothers, the Kim family stood at Mei Furen's side and were in a good relationship with Fu Sheng and even often helped Fu Sheng to suppress Fu Ming.

The reason behind Jennie's reminder for Taehyung to find an opportunity to eradicate his own step-brothers, was because she was brooding about the events that happened in her past life. These two people cannot stay alive as they would only be hated.

Today she had not yet taken her revenge here, but they had taken the initiative to step forward. But whatever for? She looked at Master Cai's seat and seeing Master Cai's serious face, Kim Chang Chao seemed to have soothed him.

That is right. Recently the two Kim brothers were preparing to seek a job under Cai Daren and have always taken the initiative to approach Cai Lin. Unfortunately Cai Lin only wanted to get along with Kim Taehyung and did not pay any attention to the two brothers, but was not today a good opportunity?

One had to know that in her past lifetime at the end of this year, it was when she was successful in forcing Fu Jong Kai to marry her and Kim Chang Wu and Kim Chang Chao became Cai Daren's subordinates. Afterwards... Two years later, the Cai family was embroiled in a corruption case and all their possessions were confiscated and the entire clan was exterminated.

There were many things that had changed but there were many that did not. As to those that have changed, the outcome had yet to be seen if it changed.

The two Kim family brothers want to use this method to fawn the Cai family and sweep her reputation to the floor?

Just as Jennie was about to answer, suddenly there was a sudden voice that prodded out.

That voice was somewhat lazy and filled with an unassailable ridicule, "You do not practice with this older brother on normal days at home, but now challenge a little girl? Kim Chang Wu, the more you live the more backwards you turn."

Kim Taehyung appeared on the stage as he folded his arms and looked at his two momentarily stunned the younger brothers with a fake smile, "How about me challenging both of you? Let me discipline you younger brothers to not learn to be useless scoundrels and be a disgrace outside by fighting with females."

He gave a glance at Jennie again and said, "You can withdraw."

CHAPTER COMPLETED & EDITED