𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

chapter eight
parlays

chapter eightparlays

———

Sybil's mind had been reeling for the past hour. Soulmates. Amara's betrayal. The Bennett's. She needed a break. All this information was bringing memories of her sister.

God, just the thought of her sister left a bad taste in her mouth.

Which was why she found herself at the local pub called the 'Mystic Grill'. After her talk with Alex she decided she needed something a little stronger than wine which may or may not have been a mistake. The drinks in the place were kind of crappy.

"Whiskey neat, please" she quipped to the young bartender who nodded. "And leave the bottle, sweetheart."

"Rough day?" The bartender asked with a small grin.

Sybil sighed as she read his nametag. "Matt, correct?" He looked plain, like everyone else in this damn town. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and most likely a varsity athlete. "I'm not looking to talk, so just the bottle and some peace, please."

Matt nodded leaving the bottle before disappearing behind the bar, leaving the siren to her devices.

Sybil was sipping on her drink, and from the bottle occasionally, when her phone chimed.

alex💕
Having fun?

She smiled down at her phone. Though she hadn't known her for long, Alexandria Bennett was easily her favorite person.

wine thief🙈
no
this alcohol taste like my childhood

alex💕
what does that even mean

wine thief🙈
traumatic

alex💕
😂😂
then come home
we'll make cinnamon buns and talk shit

wine thief🙈
sounds tempting
when r u opening ur place
bc this mystic grill is trash

alex💕
i told u that before u left
i'm coming to get ur ass
don't move

Sybil smiled before catching the gaze of a blue-eyed man across the bar. Damon Salvatore. Stefan's brother.

wine thief🙈
why is demon salvatore looking at me

alex💕
what

He gave her a small wave with a cocky smirk on his lips making her scoff.