𝐯𝐢.

chapter six
custody battle

chapter sixcustody battle

———

"Lucille Tatianna Bennett! I will fucking cut you!" Was the first thing Bonnie heard when she walked through the door. "And not some silly little flesh wound! I'm gonna fucking gut you and break the damn knife off in your stomach!"

Bonnie chuckled despite herself. A typical day in the Bennett household. Loud and chaotic.

She hung up her coat and took off her shoes before heading into the kitchen for a snack.

Sybil was seated on the couch watching Alex and Lucy bicker, a glass of wine in hand. Stefan was right beside her with his eyes glued to the tv.

"Woah, calm down Jamal. Don't pull out the" Lucy barely got to finish before a ball of fire was speeding towards her head. A lazy flick of her wrist quickly extinguished the flames. "Bitch this lace cost me $325!"

"You ate all of my damn ice cream!"

Lucille stomped her foot and grumbled, "I apologized."

"Lucy, you're lactose intolerant!"

This got Stefan's attention. "Why would eat all of it?"

"Why she'd eat any of it?"

Stefan chuckled turning back to the tv. "True."

"You're supposed to be on my side, Stef."

At that moment Bonnie chose to re-enter the room, a bowl in her hands. A bowl full of ice cream. "Hey."

Alex froze, turning to face her sister. "Bonnie, where'd you get ice cream?"

"Freezer," she spoke around a mouthful of ice cream.

"The freezer was empty."

"I know," Bonnie spoke slowly as if she were talking to children, which was kinda accurate. "That's why I used magic to conjure some more."

Sybil chuckled looking at the two gaping women in front of her. "Did you two seriously forget you have magic?"

Stefan smiled, snatching the bowl of ice cream from Bonnie's hands. "I love it here."

Not even a second later a fireball was headed toward him, making him let out a very girlish shriek.

"Bonnie, my hair!"

Bonnie snorted eating another spoonful of ice cream. "You gotta stop spending time with Lucy."

———

Today was the day. In a few short hours, Bonnie Bennett would be placed under the care of her sister rather than her father.

Alexandria would never say it out loud but she was nervous. Even though they had a solid argument, evidence, and witnesses, she still had a doubt. Small, but it was there along with a bunch of what-ifs. She couldn't lose her sister. She wouldn't lose her sister.