𝐯.

chapter five
you've been served

chapter five you've been served

———

San Francisco, California

Giuseppe heels tapped softly against hardwood tile. The hotel was nice, a luxury even, but not on par with her taste. She waited as she knocked on the door again. She could make out two people in the hotel. Male and female. The smell of sex, whiskey, and cheap perfume was very strong. Not to mention, their thoughts were very explicit. Finally, the door swung open.

"I'm sorry, we, uh, we didn't order room service." The girl in front of her, because that's what she was a girl, not a woman, was pretty. She reeked of sex and her thoughts were filled with insecurity about the woman standing in front of her.

"Oh no, honey, I'm not room service." A broad smile overtook her features, red lips parting to showcase perfect white teeth. "I was told Rudy Hopkins was here, may I speak with him?"

The girl suddenly wore a nasty scowl. "You his wife or something?"

The woman shrugged carelessly, "Or something."

She stood there looking every bit like a petulant child, arms crossed over her chest, glare set on her face. It didn't take a genius to guess that she was used to getting her way.

Huh, never would've pegged Rudy as the sugar daddy type.

"Whatever," she mumbled before calling the man she's been sleeping with. "Rudy, get out here! Some woman's here to see you!"

Not even a second later the man of the hour appeared. He was disheveled, to say the least. His once-crisp business suit was wrinkled and stained with what looked to be liquor. There was lipstick on his collar and it was very obvious that he and his collogue were doing more than discussing business deals.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" He asked carefully looking her up and down. He was analyzing, trying to get a read her. Alex and Bonnie warned her about this. Rudy was a businessman, he'd pick on a lie or any nervous ticks.

"Seriously," his partner muttered taking his staring as flirting. Grabbing her coat, she made her way out the door. "I'm going to the bar."

"Are you Rudy Hopkins?"

"I am. Do we know each other?"

A small chuckle slipped past her ruby red lips. "Gods, no. My name is Sybil Melrose, I'm a lawyer for the Bennett family and you are being subpoenaed to appear in court regarding the custody of Bonnie Shelia Bennett. Hold still for a moment."

Telepathically, Sybil kept Rudy still except for allowing him to grab the papers, before snapping his photo.

"Huh?"

———