Chapter 41

HOPE

"I really need to run some tests on you, Hope" Dr. Alana says. "Alpha Zeke, will you let me? I don't have a doubt in my mind that this pregnancy will go well with the strength you've gained, Hope, and because of who you're carrying, but we still need to do check-ups."

"It's okay," Zeke says a lot calmer. Now that he knows why he's felt the need to protect me even more than usual, he can relax a little.

When we're done, we walk down to the entrance.

"Dad sent another car for us," Zeke says and leads me out to a black SUV with a driver in it. He drives us back home and we walk into the kitchen. "You need to eat a lot of nutritious food," Zeke says and rummages through the fridge.

My stomach growls and I look down at it. There's a baby in there, a werewolf baby, an Alpha werewolf baby.

"Hey, don't freak out," Zeke says calmly, puts his hands on my waist and nuzzles my neck, making me calm down. I love when he does this. "I'm just as surprised. I can't believe that I didn't hear the extra heartbeat, but I guess I didn't think about it since we didn't plan this now. I felt a different smell on you and had this urge to keep you locked up and safe, but I didn't connect the dots. I couldn't be happier, though. I love you so much, Hope, and I love that we're having a child together," he says, smiling wide, then kisses me. "We have a lot of help and we can do this."

He licks my first mark, then kisses it and I feel that euphoric rush through my body that gives me strength. Not as intense as when he does it while we mate, but I get the little boost that I need to cope with this and make it feel alright.

I sigh and smile at him, then we sit down and eat. Even if we've already had dinner, I'm a little hungry. I guess I'll be eating as much as them if I'm supposed to feed both myself and a strong Alpha baby that will be ready to come out in 5 months.

Since it's already Wednesday, we decided that we would transfer to the pack-school next week. Ryan is really happy since it means that he will be with his mate a lot more. It makes me happy.

I've noticed that seeing the pack-members happy gives me pure joy. Even if I can't feel their individual emotions, I get sad if I see them being sad and feel the need to help them. I get happy when I see them being happy.

It's Friday and the last day at school in the human town. I'm glad to be transferring even if it's just 4 weeks left. I don't have any attachment to this school or it's students. They've never noticed me until Zeke came along. I didn't exist until Zeke came along. Even if both Zeke and I will mostly study from home since I'm pregnant and they want to keep an eye on me, I'm happy to attend the pack-school. I'm actually eager to get to know the members my age since they're kind and want to get to know me.

Zeke is on edge the entire day. He looks like he wants to kill every one coming near me and has his arms protectively around me. Everyone probably wonders what his problem is. Not that he's been that friendly before either, but now, it's much worse. But they don't dare to comment about it or even look at him...or me.

After lunch, we go outside for a moment and sit down on our usual bench closest to the woods. Zeke puts me on his lap, nuzzles my neck, growls, then licks the first mark he gave me. I close my eyes and sigh content since he keeps licking it. I let out a small moan, but quickly compose myself when the others clear their throats and look around carefully to make sure that no one watches us.

"Zeke," I say and try to pull away a little since he keeps going.

He growls, scratches his canines against my neck, then continues licking.

"Alpha," Chris says sternly. "You might want to stop before someone sees you."

He growls lowly and looks up with red flashing in his eyes. I turn around on his lap and put my hands on his cheeks. He leans his head down and puts his forehead against mine, then fortunately calms down.