Chapter 37

HOPE

We walk down for breakfast, but since they all know what we've done, I can't look them in the eyes. Zeke has a proud grin on his face and Kate and Richard seems really happy. This might be normal to them since it's something you do right away when two werewolves meet, and since Zeke is an Alpha, it's important to 'produce' an heir, but to me that have never even kissed anyone before I met Zeke, it's really embarrassing and awkward.

Evelyn suddenly brushes my hair from my shoulder to my back and looks at the mark. "Oooh, that's the biggest mark I've ever seen," he says excitedly, and they all look at it, making me blush.

Is it that big? I forgot to look at it.

"Don't worry. It's a good thing," Evelyn says. "The bigger the mark, the more powerful the Alpha."

After breakfast, Zeke and I decide to take a walk in the woods. We come to a small clearing and sit down on the grass. I can't stop looking at him and I feel the need to meet his wolf again and feel his fur.

"Does your wolf have a mind of his own?" I ask him.

"It's still me when I shift, but I guess I have more animalistic instincts, like feeling the need to hunt or just run to stretch my legs, acting more like a wolf. We still have most instinct as humans, though. We want to live in a pack and we're loyal to it. Well, most are. To protect our pack and family and make sure that everyone is okay, that's the most important thing to us. As humans, we still have strength and increased hearing, but we're faster as wolves. We still have the need to make sure that we have enough food all the time, to procreate to get offsprings that can make our pack even bigger and more powerful, and one day take over. That's why mom is so eager to get grandkids," he says, smiling, and I gulp.

I have to have a talk to Evelyn again.

"We're still as possessive as humans and have easier to lash out if someone tries to hurt a pack-member, especially your mate, and especially since I'm an Alpha," he says, leaning over me, making me fall on my back in the grass. He looks into my eyes and looks like he's trying to figure something out.

"You want to see my wolf," he says more as a statement than a question.

"You said that you couldn't read my mind," I say, breathing a little heavier from our position.

"Only when you're projecting your thoughts at me," he says, smiling.

So, when I'm thinking, I want to see your wolf, I want to see your wolf, and am really eager to see him, I guess he hears me.

Noted.

He stands up and starts undressing himself. I lean up on my elbows and look at him. He grabs his t-shirt with one hand and pulls it over his head, making his abs flex. He starts unbuttoning his pants and pulls them down.

"Stop it, Hope," he says with a gruff voice. "I can't shift to my wolf if you want to mate."

"I wasn't..."

He gives me a grin and I squeeze my thighs together. His eyes start glowing red, his canines and claws come out, his back arches upwards and I can hear his bones cracking. Black fur starts spreading on his body, and with a growl, he's fully shifted into his wolf.

My breath hitches in my throat. I wonder if I'm ever going to get used to this, my boyfriend being a huge wolf, my mate.

He slowly walks toward me, and when he's nose to nose with me, he bends his head down and pushes me down on the ground with his forehead. He nuzzles my neck and licks the mark, making me giggle and tingles spread through my body.

"It tickles," I say and try to push him away, but he won't budge.

He growls playfully and nips my ear, and I laugh at him.