Chapter 13

ZEKE

I haven't been working out in a few days. I've been busy being with Hope. I wake up early and decide to hit the gym before Hope wakes up. That way, I can spend the rest of the day with her. I mind-link Chris to join me and he tells me that Evelyn will gladly keep Hope company for a while so I don't have to rush back.

I go down to the gym, and Ryan and Ben are also there.

"So, how is she?" Ben asks.

"I think she's making some progress. I saw her smiling a little yesterday, but there's only been a few days. It's going to take time," I say, sighing. "She's coming with us to school tomorrow and Evelyn has been transferred too. Dad has talked to the principal and the teachers have been informed, but I don't know if or how much the students know about what happened."

"We didn't hear anything when we were there on Friday, so I don't think they know," Ryan says.

"Good. If you hear anyone talking, you shut them up."

"Yes, Alpha."

We end up training for almost three hours. It takes a lot for us to get tired or break a sweat. Ryan and Ben go back to their houses, and Chris and I head upstairs to our rooms to shower. When I enter my room, Hope's not there. I check the bathroom and the closet, then go back down to the kitchen, and she's not there or in the living room either.

I get worried and mind-link Chris, "I can't find Hope."

"Evelyn probably dragged her with her somewhere."

"She knows not to take her to the village, right?" I say sternly.

"Uhm, I think so."

"Fucking hell, Chris! What if she sees someone shift...or worse. She's an unmarked female for fucks sake. Being a Luna will draw any male to her without them knowing."

Now, I'm both worried and pissed. I check the whole damn house before I go berserk in the village. Her scent is everywhere in here now and it's making it harder to track her since I haven't marked her yet.

"Where is she?" I growl.

I hear some chuckling from the media room and storm in there. There she sits with Evelyn, watching a movie. Thank fucking God. I was about to lose it. I rub my hands over my face, trying to calm down and not let Hope see my eyes that're definitely glowing red by now.

I walk over to them and mind-link Evelyn, scolding her, "You should've told me where you were."

"I'm sorry, Alpha. We just wanted to watch a movie," she says, sinking down into the couch.

Chris has heard us and comes rushing in. He seems relieved too.

I walk to Hope, scoop her up in my arms and sit down with her on my lap. I don't care what she thinks right now, I just need to hold her for a while. She's snuggled into the blanket like a ball and I let her lean her head against my chest. I run my fingers through my hair and try to relax.

"So, what are we watching?" Chris asks and sits down next to Evelyn.

"Isn't it romantic," she says, smiling.

A romantic movie, great. But I can endure it as long as I'm with Hope.

***

HOPE

Zeke scoops me up in his arms and sits me down on his lap. I freeze a little, not prepared for his actions. He's wearing shorts and a tank top, and his muscular shoulders and arms seem even bigger after working out. I see his biceps flexing when he has his arms wrapped around me and I find myself watching them more than the movie. I watch his tattoos running from his hand up to his shoulder.