thirty four

Calum

I woke up to Duke licking my arm that was hanging off of the couch and I was about to stand up until I felt Aurora knocked out right on top of me. I got a good hold of her and stood up to lay her in my bed. I pulled a blanket over her body and Duke laid right beside her and stayed so I shut my bedroom door with him in it as well. I brushed my teeth and when I walked back over to the couch there was a knock at my door.

It's probably like five in the morning who the hell could be knocking?

I unlocked the door and pulled it open and it was a younger girl standing with a bouquet of roses and some balloons. "Uh hi can I help you?" I asked and she looked very nervous and didn't speak but instead backed up and looked down the hallway and I guessed someone was supposed to be coming down. "Good Morning Calum," My neighbor, Mrs. Tasnim cheered. "Good morning Mrs. T, uh what time is it?" I asked with confusion.

I swear Aurora and I had just fallen asleep on the couch for only a couple of hours.

"It's a quarter till eleven," She smiled and attempted to enter my apartment with more decorations in her arms. "Eleven?! No wait you can't come in yet!" I panicked and shut the door since Mrs. T tends to naturally be pretty loud and I didn't want to wake Aurora. "I thought we agreed I'd set up at twelve? I know I'm a little but you know what they say, the early bird gets the girlfriend!" She joked and I forced a laugh out of me to not stand her in total silence.

"Yeah we agreed on that I just didn't realize I overslept, Aurora is still asleep as well I don't want her to see anything," I said quietly and the younger girl sighed and leaned against the wall with boredom. "Oh so she really is the sleeping beauty huh?" She joked again and yet again I had to force a laugh out.

Get her out of here before Aurora sees all of this or before another really bad joke is said.

"Can you start setting up at around one instead? I'm sorry for the delay and the last minute change?" I asked and she shifted the decorations that were in her arms and nodded her head. "Of course! No worries, Stacy here is staying with me for the weekend so I'll get everything done quickly before you come back home. Duke is still going to stay with us while you're gone correct?" She confirmed and I thanked her before she walked back down the hallway to her home.

I breathed a sigh of relief and opened the door to get back inside and Duke was jumping at me which meant Aurora had woke up. I could hear the bathroom sink running and she was brushing her teeth with her eyes closed. "Still sleepy?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe to the bathroom and she nodded her head completely dozing off.

"You know you can go back to sleep right?" I laughed and she finished up and put her toothbrush in the holder, opposite of mine. "Today's my last day here before I got back to PA and I wanna spend it with you," She said softly and leaned against me to give me a hug. "Good morning," She said tiredly and I hugged her back warmly. Her morning voice was so soft and delicate it was adorable.

Today was the last day until I could see her for two weeks and it was gonna hurt and hit hard, I already feel it. But regardless I was going to make it the best day.

-

"So this is pretty fancy," Aurora smiled as I tightened my tie and fixed the sleeves of my suit. I never wear such formal and fitting clothes so it felt a little strange but it was worth it. "And you look beautiful," I complimented. She was wearing a green colored dress with a high slit that showed most of her left leg and the dress accentuated her hips and waist gorgeously. It had two thin straps going over her shoulders and it went down past her feet. She wore white heels that tied around her lower calves. Her hair was so voluminous and sort of beach wavy and her hair color that she chose about two weeks ago looks amazing with the color of her dress.