Mother's Day

Now it was known that you didn't have a "mother" per se, but you did have a Cross and that was good enough. ^_^

Also sorry I was late for Mother's Day (Mother's Day is hard for me...my mom died about three years ago and we never had the best relationship)

2nd Person POV

You and Chara giggled as you both mixed the pancake batter. Your father made the rest of the very special breakfast on the stovetop, he chuckled at the two of you mixing the batter. Earlier that morning Chara shook you awake for an unknown reason, and when you asked him why he explained it was Mother's Day. It was a day to celebrate your mother, and apparently, Chara and your father always made Cross breakfast in bed as he always acted like a mother.

You yawned as your father made the rest of the breakfast, he chuckled seeing you sleepily laying your head on the counter. "Tired?" He asked and you nodded, "Did we have to get up so early?" You asked watching him place strawberries and blueberries in a small dish. "I'm afraid so princess, Cross has a habit of getting up awe fully early because of his guard duty," he explained patting your back as you still kept your head sleepily on the countertop.

Once the breakfast was complete your father carried it on a tray as you and Chara followed close behind. Chara held your hand as he guided you through the halls as you were by now almost half asleep.

Cross's POV

I awoke to a soft knocking at my door, I turned to look at the clock from across the room. 'A whole hour before I usually get up? Who in the world' I thought to myself as I sat up, "Who is it?" I received no response other than the door opening softly. "Morning dear, we're sorry for waking you so early but Happy Mother's Day," Nightmare said as he and the kids enter the room. I noticed y/n was close to just passing out, I picked her up and placed her in the bed beside me. "Nightmare you should stop getting the children involved in these antics of yours," I scolded lightly, Nightmare only chuckled and shrugged. "To be fair, Chara was the one that woke both me and the princess up," he yawned while roughing up Chara's hair. Nightmare climbed in bed with me and the kids, he wrapped his tentacles around my waist along with the children and held us all close.

-A few hours later-

"Is something troubling you dear?" Nightmare asked running his hand on the top of my skull. "Nothing particularly, I just never thought I'd be a mother of sorts," I told him looking at the two children chasing each other through the small meadow we decided to have a picnic in. The whole Mother's Day thing originally started as a joke between Dust and Killer but now it's genuine. "I suppose that's just what fate had in store for you who knows what else it may have in store," Nightmare smiled down at me and I smiled back. I guess the future can't be too bad, as long as I have my family I'm sure nothing bad can happen and if it does I'll protect them.

Am I a terrible person? The answer is yes.

Sorry it's so short the ending was a little rushed heh