𝐈𝐗 - all is fair

FOUR YEARS LATER
(You are now eighteen)

「ᖭི༏ᖫྀ•••ᖭི༏ᖫྀ」

"Y/N!"

You didn't answer, being completely absorbed in the scribbles you had found on the sand earlier that day.

Tam blew out a breath, flipping his silver-tipped bangs off his forehead as he reached over and grabbed your shoulder, making you yelp in surprise.

You turned to face the fifteen-year-old that had been your apprentice for four years and groaned, brushing his hand off your shoulder. "I told you not to do that —"

"And I told you to focus, didn't I?"

You both stared at each other for a brief second before you rolled your eyes and went back to observing the scrawls without another word. Tam stood rigid for a few moments longer before shaking his head lightly and squatting next to you.

"You seem out of it today, Y/N...again." He swatted at your arm, trying to get your attention, but you weren't having it. "You're hiding something from all of us, aren't you —?"

"Seriously, Tam, I'm busy!" You snapped, grabbing a twig beside his foot and breaking it in half. "Can't you just let me catch a break?"

He paused momentarily, shrugging and tracing a "T" in the sandy ground in front of him while slowly getting up. "Well, whatever you say, I guess. Just remember that Linh and I will be here once you want to talk."

"As if I'll trust you."

"You'll be surprised."

You glared over your shoulder at Tam, who made a face back at you. This time determined to focus, you stood up, brushing off the front of your tunic, and kneeled down by the markings with a frown.

You traced the shapes lightly with your finger, squinting at the more faint squiggles. "Postscript...I...hap...happen...to...like...ripplefluffs...?"

The words sloshed around your brain as you let them sink in. Sand went flying as winds started swirling around your feet when your cheeks lit up in anger. "That jerk!"

"Hey, Fritillary, whatcha doin'?"

You let out an inhuman screech when Euploea shouted the words from behind you. She coughed, blinking madly as sand got into her eyes when you whipped around with mini-tornado still intact.

"You psycho," Euploea sputtered between coughs. "Lasko, I told you it was a bad idea to let her test your ability!"

Lasko shifted his weight from where he stood a comfortable six yards away. "Um...you didn't say that."

"I did, idiot!"

"Take your fight somewhere else and leave me alone," you said in a strained voice. "Seriously, aren't I supposed to be feared? Just...leave!"

Euploea pouted at you, but didn't dare disobey as she took tiny steps away from you, but quickly turned and sprinted away with Lasko when she saw the murderous glare visible on the edge of your eyes.

You exhaled to calm yourself because let's face it, even though you've now gotten a bit more used to the little waves of emotions you get transmitted sometimes, it's never going to truly grow on you.

"And I thought it would be important," you grumbled, dusting off your hands and getting up. You stared down at the scribbles in the sand again and scowled, snapping your fingers as a flurry of wind swooped down and wiped away all traces of evidence from the ground.