The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission Part 1

Start from the beginning

We were riding through the giant forest. This was our plan from the start. The center rank would split from the right and left wings, another one of Erwin's gambles. It would either work in our favor, or we would all die. Either way, it would all be over soon. 

"Captain! Captain Levi!" Eren shouted. 

"What?" Levi asked annoyed. 

"C'mon sir! We're in the forest! We won't see a titan 'til it's right on top of us! The center rank's totally cut off! Something's coming up on the right, isn't it? So, what are we supposed to do? Avoid titans or defend the wagons?" 

"Quit whining and move on from the obvious already. Neither of those is an option anymore," he answered. 

"Wha-What are you talking about?" Eren asked.

I rolled my eyes at how clueless he was. "Haven't you noticed what's around you?" I asked annoyed. 

"Take a look at these big ass trees. Perfect environment for ODM gear, wouldn't you say?" Levi finished. 

"Take our advice, Eren. Calm down and use your head. The best survival tool is your brain, which in your case means you're screwed," I said the last part sarcastically. 

"Yes, Y/N!" He answered, ignoring my last comment. 

After that, I heard some muttering from the squad about how this didn't make any sense. I clutched Levi tighter, wanting nothing more than to tell them not to worry and explain everything. But I couldn't, only a select few were aware of the real objective of this mission. If others knew, then Erwin's plan would have a greater chance of failing and most, if not all of us would die.

"Black smoke!" 

"It's right behind us!" 

"Damn things been on our ass since we came in here." Eren, Oluo, and Eld said. 

"Blades drawn. Now," I ordered. I gripped my blade with my dominant hand and kept the other securely around Levi. 

"It'll happen in the blink of an eye. Be ready," Levi said. 

It was only a few seconds before the female titan appeared out of nowhere and crushed one of the scouts as if it were a fly. Her heavy footsteps bounding toward us getting closer by the second. "Go! Move it!" I shouted. The female titan swung her arm down and broke a tree in half, narrowly missing Eren. 

"Holy shit! How the hell are we supposed to pull evasive maneuvers in here?!" Gunther yelled. 

"It's catching up!" Eld shouted, fear evident in his voice. 

"Captains! Engage the ODM gear? Captains?" Petra shouted at us. I hated this, I felt so helpless not being able to help them. "Rear reinforcements!" She continued. I looked back to see both of them be grabbed from out of the air and crushed. "Captains! Your orders!" Petra pleaded. 

"It's dangerous! Let's take it out! Tell us to engage, sir!" Oluo yelled. I clutched onto Levi, burying my face into the back of his cloak. He gripped my hand with his free one tightly, feeling the same as I did. 

"Captain?" Eren. 

"Captains!" Petra. 

"We need your orders!" Oluo. 

"She's gaining on us! Let's just take her out!" Gunther. 

"It's the whole reason we're here, isn't it? Right, sir? Captains!" Eld. 

"Your orders, sir! Y/N please!" 

I gritted my teeth and clenched my eyes shut. If I live through this, I'm gonna kick Erwin's ass. "Everyone, cover your ears. Now," Levi ordered. I didn't have any free hands, so I only leaned farther into him, trying to block out whatever he had planned.