𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐

As I lay down on my bed with the frame still on my chest, I try to recall what happened, but no sense comes out of my memories. Everything happened so fast I can barely remember my own words. Still, I will never forget his anger and pain depicted on his face.

Suddenly, the huge palace bell rings out loud, directing me to another thought, "Shit, I completely forgot it's still Christmas!" I cry.

I didn't plan things to go this way at all, and now that I remember, I don't even have the biscuits with me to celebrate. He has them in his room.

Wonderful Christmas Day.

I force myself to stand up and think about what to do in a Christmas Day all by myself; should I go to his room and ask for the biscuits back? Hell no. I don't even know where he would be now.

Suddenly, a brilliant idea pops on my mind, "the girls!" I jump out the room and run towards the door that leads downstairs. I am fully aware this may lead to consequences, however, it is way much better than spending Christmas alone.

As fast as I can, I reach the elevator and arrive downstairs. Distant noise and chattering is audible from the huge salon, meaning the family is having dinner. With fast and big steps, I reach the kitchen and surprise Anne from the back, "Merry Christmas!"

"For God's sake, Avelyn!" She yells, "you scared the shit out of me!"

"Not the exact right words to use on this day, but hi to you, too." I roll my eyes. Always excited to see me.

"What are you doing here, again?" She asks, with her eyebrows crossed from confusion.

"I wasn't really enjoying Christmas all by myself, so here I am."

"Did he allow you to come here?" She insists.

"Who, James?"

All of a sudden, she gasps in shock, making the plate fall on the floor, echoing all around the room. "Oh my- are you okay, Anne?"

"Wha- What did you just say?" She whispers.

"I said-" I get cut by Lucy and Claire, followed by Johnathan.

"What's going on in he- Avelyn!" Lucy jumps on me, rashly.

"I'm so happy you're here!" Claire exclaims.

"What happened to Anne?" Johnathan asks, with a worried look on his face.

As we all turned to her, she is as pale as the plate that she made fall. "She- She said.." she stops to take breath, "she said his name.."

"His who?" Claire asks, looking back and front to us.

"The Lord, I said his name." Averyone jumps back.

"You know his real name?!" Johnathan gasps as well.

"Wait, none of you know his name?" I wonder.

"Nobody! Nobody is even allowed to know his identity!" Anne yells.

"Okay, calm down before they can hear us." Lucy hisses to Anne.

"I will calm down when I know why she knows it". She replies, aggressively.

"The reason is very simple, he told me!" I say back with anger boiling in my veins. For some reason, I can feel Anne is jealous of me being so close to him, and she would pay to replace me.