"Yuri . . come talk to the baby" Mrs. Williams patted slowly on her bare stomach. She couldn't wipe the smile off of her face even she had wanted to. She looked way too happy, and Yuri wondered if it was the right time to bring such a topic.

"You're talking to the baby?" Leaning over Yuri asked, placing her warm hand on her mother's stomach softly patting it.

"He can hear me" Mrs. Williams replied after a second.

"He?"

"It's just a hunch for now. You know something like a mother's instinct" Mrs. Williams laughed slowly.

"Mom I am so happy for you"

"I am happy for us too, I am glad you and Daniel are getting along well. I thought there would be a bloodbath but it's really helped me knowing that this doesn't complicate things" Her gaze was now at Yuri's. Deep down Yuri already felt that Mrs. Williams knew that she was about to break news.

"He's a cool guy and as long as he makes you happy, I am good with him" Yuri replied honestly. Today was all about honesty. She needed to spill out the truth to her mother, no matter what. How bad can it get? She found herself wondering. It wasn't as bad as having a tumor in your head, she concluded in her mind.

"Is something bothering you?" And there it was the question Yuri had dreaded. Yuri changed her seating position on the bed, trying to get comfortable but she knew she felt uncomfortable within herself and there wasn't a position to cure that.

"I . . umm I have to tell you something mom" Tucking her hair behind, she finally spilled out the words. She wasn't dying. She wasn't pregnant. She was just in love.

"What is it?" After adjusting her dress, Mrs. Williams looked at Yuri, wondering what she was about say.

"It's about a . . girl" Yuri said quietly reminiscing about everything that happened the past two years. The thought of Sasha coming to her life made her feel stronger. And now it was time to share that with her mother.

"Oh okay. Tell me what's going on?" Mrs. Williams took Yuri's hands and asked.

Yuri stared at her mother for five long seconds. Dreading the words, the situation, why did it feel like someone was choking her and not letting her talk? She had watched over ten coming out to parents videos on you tube, with each video turning out to have good responses. So why was this so hard? Maybe it was because this one is completely different, she concluded again. With all the tension, Yuri wondered where Sasha's voice in her mind had gone? One of her good luck's will do, right about now.

"Honestly, I have no idea how I am going to explain this to you. It's so complicated and I am not sure you'd approve" The words stumbled as if she was vomiting them.

"Why are you worried about me? When have I ever denied something from you Yuri? I would never come in between you and your happiness. You know that right?" Mrs. Williams squeezed Yuri assuring her it's safe to talk. But Yuri on the other hand wasn't so sure yet.

"Mom, this is not going to be easy to explain but right now, it would really help if you have an open mind about things and if you'd support me no matter what"

"Yuri, what is it? You're scaring me now"

Taking what it seemed to be, her last breath Yuri closed her eyes, wishing the storm would pass soon. This was it, she felt the strong kick in her body. She was ready, but nervous. Who wouldn't be? She could do this without hesitation or waiting again. Because she was done waiting and so was Sasha.

"Mom, let me tell you a story about a host and an alter" Yuri looked straight at her mother's eyes. And without any more wasting time, she began to tell her mother about the story of how she first met Sasha and how Sasha became her purpose of living.