In short, Seokjin was madly in love with every single detail about Namjoon.

Hand in hand, the walked to the veranda, sitting beside each other. Seokjin placed his head on Namjoon's shoulder as he felt his arm tracing his his back to come and rest on his hip. His breathed in the intoxicating scent of his alpha, making him yearn for more and relaxing him at the same time. 

The alpha kissed his hair, resting his cheek on Seokjin's head in return. His one free hand, was held by Seokjin, who stroked his fingers tenderly. It felt so natural, so domestic for them to be in this position. 

For some reason, Seokjin wanted Namjoon to hold him like this for the rest of their lives. 

"I love you" the he whispered. 

"I love you too" the alpha answered, bringing his hand to his lips, kissing the knuckles tenderly. 

XXX

Meanwhile, on the other side of the house, there was much more tension in the air, the heads of two clans glaring daggers at each other while their mates shifted uncomfortably in their seats. "W- Would you like some chamomile tea?" Seokjin's mother asked, trying to break the tension. 

"Sure! We both love chamomile tea" Sejeong, Namjoon's mother eagerly replied, equally desperate to end the glaring contest. "I don't trust you yet" Yohan muttered. "Honey what are you sayi-". "Me too" Soo hyun replied. 

Yohan narrowed his eyes, "Can I trust your son to keep my child happy? Will he be able to protect him like he said?" he questioned him. Soohyun waved him off at that. "I know you don't trust us, but I assure you that my son is perfectly capable of looking after Seokjin and he will keep the promises he made. He always does" he said, pride shining in his eyes. 

"Seokjin will be deprived of nothing in our household. All his wishes, which we can afford will be fulfilled and he will have nothing to worry about. That, is my promise to you" Soohyun answered. 

"In return" he said, "You must promise us that history will no repeat itself. That your son will be a faithful parter and look after Namjoon well. If that happens.." he left the sentence unfinished, letting the treat hang in the air. "I promise that" Yohan answered. 

"For the sake of our children, let us put it behind us and ensure their happiness in return. Our clans have suffered for years because of this incident. Both the sides have lost many people in the clashes" Sejeong announced. 

"Our side lost more" Soo hyun grumbled. 

"Our side did!" Yohan countered. Soo hyun was about to remark but stopped abruptly as his wife tightened her grip on his hand. She directed towards him a tight lipped smile before turning back to the couple. 

"I understand" Seojin replied. "This marriage will serve as a truce between our clans and feelings of hostility will be demolished. I hope it lasts for a long long time". 

"That brings to the important topic, the ceremony" Sejeong said. "Do you have anything in mind? Has Seokjin told you how he wants the ceremony? Any specific wishes?" she asked. Seojin shook her head, "We haven't discussed it yet. I will ask him today ans let you know soon". 

Sejeong nodded, "Alright so I have a few ideas.......". 

Sometime passed discussing the details of the ceremony when they were interrupted by a knock at the door. The door opened to reveal a servant who informed them that a messenger from the palace was asking for Namjoon.

 It was an urgent matter and he was needed at the palace immediately. 

XXX

The messenger, his subordinate briefed him about the situation on the way.