Chapter 23 - Confusion

His blond hair, bleached so much by the sun it was almost white, glinted. It shimmered as he moved, tilting his head towards her. A few strands fell onto his forehead. He was lying on his back, his fingers laced together beneath his head. His eyes were bright blue, deep swirling sapphire pools. His cheeks were red and sunburnt but crinkled as he smiled at her.

Rose reached out a figure and touched the photo, tracing his figure. He was all that remained of her Scorpius. A snapshot of that sunny day last July when Lucy attacked them with her camera.

Rose lifted the photobook up and squinted at the picture. She was lying on her side, facing him as she talked. He watched her intently; his eyes were locked on her, listening to her every word. A small smile graced his lips, the corners crinkling inwards. He continued to stare at her even as she stopped talking and sat up, turning to Lucy. Those amazing blue eyes followed her every move.

Rose watched him watching her. She wanted more than anything to be back in that moment, to have his eye on her. She sighed, it was just for the picture though. It's not as though Scorpius would actually look at her like that. He hated her, he made that clear the moment he left her. For some reason though Rose couldn't help but forgive him. The thought that he was lost to her, that she'd never have her Scorpius back, never have him look at her like that, or hug her as she fell apart, made her want him back even more. Her friends would never allow it though. She wanted to hate him for what he did, she knew she should but she couldn't quite allow herself to fully and wholy hate him.

"Don't worry, it might never happen." Rose looked up to see Louis sitting down on the bed besides her. She sat up quickly and hurried to snap the photo album shut. However, judging by the smirk on Louis's face he'd already seen what she was looking at.

"I didn't know you were as vain as to look at picture of yourself, Rosie." Louis gauffed, leaning back on his hands.

"Don't call me Rosie." Rose snapped shooting him a glare. "Also, I'm not vain and I wasn't looking at pictures of myself."

"Ah," Louis reached forward and tried lifting a page of the book to sneak a look at the phtots inside. Rose snatched the book away. "So you were swooning over Scorpius."

"I was not swooning."

Louis raised an eyebrow. "If you say so." Then he turned serious. "Sia told me what he did, if your so hung up on him, you should be careful Rose. He's hurt you once he can hurt you again."

Rose scoffed. "I've forgiven him, for you know, leaving me."

"I don't know whether that's a wise idea."

"I don't care." Rose said stubbornly. She sighed and berries her face in her hands. "I just can't help it. I miss him so much."

Louis stared at her, feeling helpless. He wanted to tell her but he knew he couldn't. It would destroy her.

"You should still be careful. The state Scorpius is in he could do something really bad that the 'real' Scorpius might never do. Depression does weird things to people. He's done stuff to hurt you and he could do it again. You need to be careful."

"I just said, I'd forgiven him for leaving and if your on about him kissing Louella, I already know." Rose said as she got up and moved towards her bookshelf. "And I don't really care."

"You should. You need to be careful."

"I told you, I don't care about him kissing Louella. He can kiss whoever he damn pleases"

Louis watched her thougtfully. "Hmm, well, I don't think he kissed Louella." He said slowly.

"Well who else could he have kissed. Indie said Isabelle refused to tell her who it was and Louella's clearly the only person that could be."