Chapter 9 - Xander

Twisting her pen in her fingers, Rose stared down at the parchment in front of her. She glanced across at the text book and back again. Slowly her thoughts began to wander.

"I don't think I can do this Scorpius." Rose whispered, her hands wrapped tightly around the broom handle as it hovered next to her, her feet planted firmly on the ground.

"Of course you can." Scorpius said coming up behind her.

"No." She shook her head.

"Yes, you can." Scorpius stood besides her and placed his hands on hers. "You can do this."

"Ok."  Rose took a deep breath and climbed onto the broom so that she was sat on it, her feet brushing the ground.

"Now." Scorpius said stepping back and moving his hands to her back. "We're going to fly in a circle, at this hieght."

Rose nodded, and closed her eyes, she could feel Scorpius's hand on her back, a reassuring presence. She opened her eyes again and leant forwards slowly, "That's it," and made the broom move.

"Good." Scorpius said, his voice calm and steady as he walked along sides her. His hand was still on her back, guiding her. "Go a bit faster now."

As though Scorpius were tranfurring braveyto her through their touch, Rose did as he said going faster, so that he was jogging, then faster so that he was running and then sprinting. 

"Good." Scorpius said, slowing to a stop as she did too. "Now, I'm going to climb on the back and your going to fly around your house and back."

"No." Rose shook her head and made to get off. Scorpius stopped her. "I can't do that."

"Yes, you can." He implored. "Your an amazing flier and there's nothing to be afraid of, There's no bludgers and it's okay, I'll be with you."

"Ok." Rose breathed and Scorpis took it to mean that she was allowing him to climb on behind him, which he did so. He slid as far back as he could, careful not to touch her to much. "Ready?" She asked, feeling less brave now she couldn't see or feel his pressence.

Scorpius nodded, then realised she couldn't see him. "Yes." 

"Ok." After a pause, Rose pushed off the ground, jarring the broomstick. Surprised, Scoprius made a grap for something to keep him steady, which turned out to be her. "Sorry..." Rose muttered as his hands caught hold of her waist.

"Errr."  Scorpius felt his cheeks go red and removed them, wiping his palms on his trousers. "Ok...go left around the house." 

"Right." Rose said in clarrification. 

"No, left." Scorpius joked. Rose giggled and lifted a hand from the broom to bring to her mouth. "Careful!" Scorpius slid towards her, wrapping his arms tightly around her and squeezing his eyes shut as he berried his face in her back. 

"Sorry!" Rose cried, suddenly scared. "Now which way?"

"Left!"  Scorpius yelled, glancing up.

Rose began to panic. "Help!"  She lifted her hands of the broomstick completly. Scorpius squeezed her tighter. "Help, Scorpius!"

"Steer!"

"I can't!"  Rose shut her eyes and covered her face with her hands, ducking her head. 

Scorpius stopped squeezing her and untangled himself from her, instead he wrapped his arms around hers and hugged her tight to him. Still clutching her close, he put one hand on the broom handle and steered to broom towards the ground.