Chapter 3 - Charming

An. So I don't really know what this chapter is, but here you go.

"Hello?" Rose yelled, stepping out of the fireplace and straightning up, brushing coal dust from her muggle clothes, her eyes flickering around the dark room. "Hello! Is anyone here? Astoria? Draco?"

There was a loud crack behind her as the door creaked open, light spiling into the room. Rose spun around, her red pony tail flying out behind her, her fist clenching ready to punch who ever it was, her eyes thinning.

"Oh," Rose relaxed slightly as her gaze landed on the tall blonde blond figure in the door way. "It's you."

"And?" Scorpius questioned, his face blank, his voice flat. He was he same as he had been on the train; dull and lifeless.

"I was hoping to see your parents." Rose said hopefully, stepping forward, placing a hand on the back of a nearby sofa. Her fingers brushed against the velvet. "I brought them presents."

"They're out at the moment....Put them under the tree." Scorpius said, nodding to the grand tree besides Rose that took up half the room, it's snow covered branshes brushing the floor. She cocked her head towards it, taking in the charmed snow, silver tinsel, green baubles and golden bubbles. She approached it, bending down and sliding the two neatly wrapped parcels beneath it.

Rose stood up, swinging her arms by her sides for a moment, staring at the presents on the floor. Then, swiftly, she bent back down, scooped up the top one and straightened back up. She forze again before pivoting on the spot and walking towards Scorpius. Apprehensively she held out the brown paper parcel. "This is for you."

Scorpius stared at it for a moment before and accepting it. He crossed his arms, folding it against his side without looking at it. "Thank you." He said blankly, staring at a spot over her shoulder.

"Aren't you going to open it?" Rose asked hopefully, leaning forward slightly, twidling her fingers.

"Maybe later." Scorpius said. Suddenly he stepped forward and brushed past her heading toward the tree. Rose sighed and slouched slightly. When she turned around she found Scorpius stood behind her holding out a small black box tied with a silver ribbon. She stared at it. Scorpius shook his hand, indicating for her to accept it. "It's for you."

Slowly Rose accpeted it. Her eyes fixed on it, Rose undid the ribbon, letting it fall aside she lifted the lid of the box. Inside was a silver bracelet with 3 charms on it. A silver S with white and green jewels encrusted on it. A pink rose and a silver beaters bat. Rose lifted her hand, brushing her fingers along the cool metal. "Wow." Rose breathed. She looked up at Scorpius. "Thank you."

"It's nothing really." Scorpius muttered, his cheeks tinging pink, the most emotion he'd shown so far. He ran a hand along the back of his head. "From my mum and dad."

"Thank you." Rose repeated, shutting the lid of the box and retying the ribbon. She stepped forward and pushed herself up onto her tip toes, burshing her lips against his cheek. "I should go." She whispered.

"You could stay." Scorpius mumbled, grabbing her wrist as she pushed past him towards the fireplace.

"My parents are probably wondering..."Rose trailed off, the temptation was far to great.

"Since when have you cared what your parents thought?" Scorpius asked.

"Since always."

Before either of them could say anything else there was a loud squeal and they both spun towards the doorway. Louella stood there. A smile across her dainty face. Her freckles glowing in the firelight. Her chocolate waves bouncing down her back. "Scorpy!" Rose snorted, detatching her wrist from Scorpius's hand as she did so. "Scorpy! I wondered where you'd got to!"