Chapter 7 - Besties

"You saved me." Rose breathed, her arms hanging limply by her side. She focused on Sia as she continued to scream with pain and people swarmed her, Jayce ripping her destroyed robes from her. Rose turned to look up at Scorpius (he was still taller than her). Her chocolate orbs locked on his silver moons. "You saved me." She stated again.

"That's what best friends are for." Scorpius replied. A smirk graced her face.

Although shaken Rose managed to grin. He was back. Her Scorpius was back. She stared at him, watching as he stared back. How could they have gone so long without talking?

"Are you hurt?" Scorpius asked snapping her out of her daze.

Rose shook her head, looking down at her body. "No, my hip's a bit sore but other than that I'm just dusty."

"Here," Scorpius lifted a hand and began to dust off her arm, ridding it of dirt.

Rose watched him for a moment. She could feel his fingers, soft and gentle, the coolness from them seeping through the thin material of her jumper. It made her shiver. 

Noticing her watching Scorpius looked up, his fingers coming to a stop, resting lightly on her arm as his silver moons fixed on her chocolate orbs. He smiled at her.

Rose returned it before turning away, a blush rising in her cheeks. She began to rub at her knees and she felt Scorpius start again on her arm.

"Do you think Sia will be okay?" Rose asked as the professor announced the class finished for the day. She looked up just in time to see Jayce and Isabelle dragging Sia out, the rest of the class following.

"She'll be fine." Scorpius said also looking up. He coughed and stepped away from Rose. "Your arms clean now."

Rose turned to look at him. "Thank you." She glanced around the room again, searching for Indie and Alex, they were nowhere to be seen, the only Slytherins left in the room were them and Ivy. "Are you sure she'll be alright?" Rose questioned her thoughts straying back to Sia.

"I'm positive." Scorpius replied. He turned to look at her, trying to think up something to say, the tension in the room building. "Do you-er-want to...?"

"Yeah, definetly." Rose replied, smiling.

"Okay, great, come on, lets go."

Scorpius returned her smile, glad that even after months apart, with conversation dwindling, unsure how to speak to one another, they still knew the other enough to know what they we're going to say. 

Scorpius scooped up the stuff from their desk that hadn't been ruined by the spilt potion, took Rose by the arm, passing her her bag as he did so, and escorted her out of the room.

When they got to the Hospital Wing, they found Madam Pomfrey bent over Sia, attending to her, and jayce stood at the end of the bed keeping watch. As they got closer he turned around, noticing them, her hurried towards them.

"Is  she okay?" Rose asked, staring at Sia's legs, the rest of her hidden by the matron.

Jayce merely shrugged his shoulders, his face pasty and eyes red. He returned to the end of Sia's bed, placing his hands on the frame. 

"She'll be okay." Rose said gently, coming up besides him.

"Madam Pomfrey will fix her up." Scorpius added from next to Rose. 

Jayce nodded. They stood there in silence watching Madam Pomfrey as she worked. Eventually she stepped back.

Rose let out a small gasp and clutched at Scorpius's arm, one set of fingers intertwinning with his and the other wrapping around the cool skin of his forearm. Scorpius glanced down at her, and smiled despite himself. Her grasp was tight and he could feel her fingers digging into the back of his hand. He gave her own, small hand a reassuring squeeze. Rose looked up at him, her eyes wide. "She'll be alright."