CHPT. 40 lawless and chains

Start from the beginning

"Oh well, might as well have my fun." She walked over the bridge, glancing towards the boy who was giving her a scathing glare. She raised a brow at his expression, simply passing the numerous pigeons who were flocking her before flying back towards the crumbs the boy had offered them.

The boy looked surprised, but continued to give her an intense stare.

There were two guards stationed at the gates, and Zhi You only waved pleasantly at the two. "Welcome to Mondstadt traveler, what may be your business here?" One of the knights, Lawrence, asked.

Zhi You only smiled, "I'm a traveler from Liyue, and a friend of mine recommended coming to Mond!" She cheerfully lied, eyes sparkling in excitement as she looked past the guards. The two nodded with bright grins, allowing her entry.

Zhi You smirked as she stepped foot into the city. Her magenta eyes easily zeroed in on the flower shop close to a bunch of stalls, and she dutifully went to observe to different flora on display. From lamp grass, to Cecilia, to windwheel asters. She grazed her fingers on the lamp grass, and smiled at the young girl watching her in fascination.

"How much for some asters?"

After paying for the three windwheel asters, Zhi Yu set out to look for Alastor's most recent contractor. It wasn't easy searching for the traveler, but she sooner or later found him chatting with a group of three people. His fairy-like companion was silently nibbling at a hasbrown, looking a bit dejected.

She tilted her head silently, before taking out the letter and drawing. She had always found it fascinating that when he put some consideration to it, Alastor was capable of drawing a near uncanny likeness to someone.

(Not mine)

(Not mine)

Zhi Yu sweat dropped at the drawing, glancing back up at the smiling boy who had dark circles under his eyes. 'He drew him do pretty.' she thought, sighing and shaking her head before approaching the boy.

On the other hand, Aether stiffened at an infernal presence. He could distinguish it now after all the lessons and little comments Alastor had given him. He whipped around, searching for the source before his eyes landed on a young lady with an outfit that could be traced back to Liyue. His eyes widened at the Dendro vision on her coat, and he froze in shock.

A smile graced the young lady's face, as she halted right in front of the group. "Aether and Paimon, right?" She asked, and the traveler hesitantly nodded. Zhi Yu handed him the letter and drawing, which both were signed by Alastor. "I'm a friend of Alastor, and he's sent me to deliver this."

Paimon dropped her hasbrown and immediately peered over Aethers shoulder. While Bennett, Razor, and Fischl were bewildered yet excited. Bennett and Razor were familiar with Alastor, while Fischl had heard stories of the man who had trained Razor how to fight ever so viciously.

Aether nodded absentmindedly, smiling at the new 'Benny's adventure team's before he bud them farewell. The unlucky adventurer and wolf boy were a bit disappointed, but concluded that Aether needed privacy regarding the letter handed to him. So they smiled and promised to meet up the next day, while Aether lead Zhi Yu up the stairs and towards the fountain near the cathedral.