CHPT. 18 His Foul Legacy

倒れた神、上昇

倒れた神、上昇

.

"Damnit, Tartaglia!"

Aether and Alastor sprinted to the Golden house, fighting off all the fatui soldiers attempting to stop them. Aether was furious, as he mercilessly slashed a shoulder open, kicking the unfortunate fellow away from them. Alastor was simply assisting him, placing a fiery shield around his companion as he seared the fatui soldiers to cinders, giving them lethal burns.

"Quake!"

The ground rumbled as golden geo formations burst from the ground, piercing their foes. Paimon yelped in surprise, hurriedly flying higher to avoid this chaos of Pyro and Geo. She had seen them fight together before, but this was just ridiculous. This wasn't a battle between the fatui and the two of them, it was a one-sided massacre.

"Quick! We better check in the Exuvia before Childe gets there!" Paimon yelled, zooming across the several half-dead fatui soldiers her companions had fought. Honestly, it was a gruesome sight to behold.

"Right! Al, see if there are any more agents following us." Aether yelled, slamming the door open. The Golden house was filled with Mora, gold everywhere you looked. At the very front of the room was a magnificent dragon encased in some sort of protective light.

"Wow~ This is the Golden house! It was impressive on the outside, but who would've thought it was fancier on the inside.... and so full of Mora." Paimon awed, impressed with all the Gold surrounding them.

"This is where all of Teyvat's Mora is minted right? In that case... no one would notice a few going missing." Paimon laughed evilly, rubbing her hands together. She zoomed to the gold, but Aether immediately pulled her back using her starry scarf.

"If it were that easy, this place would have been emptied long ago," Aether stated, narrowing his eyes at the gold. Clearly, it was a trap. "The heat on the Mora is too noticeable." Aether mentioned, focusing his elemental sight on the Mora. It was glowing red, the source of Pyro.

"Observant. The swirling Pyro element protecting the Mora from thieves. Watch." Alastor said, placing his hand on the golden coins. Suddenly, his hand started to coat in dangerous fire, causing his companions to scream in shock.

"What are you doing?! Water! PAIMON NEEDS WATER!!" The little fairy yelled, while Aether frantically looked for a solution to this problem.

"Damnit! Al- huh?" aether gasped, seeing the fire disperse from his arm. He sighed in relief, however, hurried to check for any burn marks.