CHPT. 37 Gwyneira

.

"She's useless... She will be an obstacle for our son!"

Gwyneira Eirwen, a frost demoness and the heiress to her clan. She sat there, hugging her knees and listening to her parents argue on and on. The Lord and Lady of the clan, her parents had always been complicated.

They were mysgonists, even her mother―who had been raised to be a 'proper' lady; to birth a child for her husband, and stay silent and stand there... Only to look pretty and nothing more. A mere trophy wife.

She closed her eyes, inhaling the cold air of her clans atmosphere, and let out a shaky breath. She wasn't tired nor cold, merely troubled that she would be denied her right. She was the eldest, skilled, powerful. What made her useless?

'If only I didn't have this stupid crack!' she thought, glaring at the black markings upon the skin on her arms―cracks her clan called them. A sort of physical disfigurement upon the Eirwen clan that indicated someone with unstable powers. Gwyneira was one of the very few Eirwen's with the cracks.

"No. No. No. No. No.... I deserve to be the head." She hissed to herself, slowly pushing herself up from the cold floor. She marched away from the room where her parents had planned to leave her, stopped by a familiar head of messy blue hair.

"Sister!"

Gwyneira flinched as her younger brother grinned up at her, his thin arms wrapped around her waist.

"Hello little brother... Please release me, I―"

"Ehem!" Gwyneira flinched, snapping her head towards her mother, who frowned in disapproval. She gently pushed her younger brother away, grabbing the sides of her skirt and curtsying to the icy faced woman.

"Hello mother..." She coldly greeted, not minding the scrutinizing look her mother gave her.

"Son, what are you doing here? Go return to your instructor and study! It is not good for our clan if our heir becomes stupid! And you," lady Eirwen hissed, narrowing her eyes at her eldest child.

Gwyneira kept her head down, bowing to her mother before excusing herself from the woman. Lady Eirwen nodded in approval, before she ushered Gwyneira to leave. And no matter how much it hurt her, she left as her younger brother sniffled as she left.

The heiress flinched, feeling her cracks flare violently as she dashed back to her room. It felt scorching and her cracks were becoming hot. Her breathing became Haggard, as she gulped down her anxiety and isolated herself in her room.

.

Gwyneira smiled as a butterfly rested upon her finger. It's crystal like pink wings fluttered open and shut. It was beautiful, and she couldn't help but be enamored for the glittering wings.