𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒 ⸙

Start from the beginning

kookie
Make sure to get back early even if you're
out.

hyeonie
Yes sir.

What are you upto though?

kookie
Just came back from practice.

hyeonie
Mhm...u should rest.

kookie
I will.

Minutes later, her phone rang. She chuckled, answering it

" Didn't you say you want to rest? "

" Yeah, but I'll do that later. What are you doing? "

Hyeona sighs, looking at the river. " I stepped out for a few minutes. Ah, it feels nice. "  Jungkook chuckled, " But don't —"

" stay out late, I know. I won't. Besides, the guards you hired is right here. "

" That's nice to know. I feel relieved. "

" Kook, that was seriously not needed.” She grimaced as she heard an exasperated sigh.

“ I’m sorry, I know all of you all worried about me, but it just feels like an exaggeration. He might have given up by now. ”

“ Yes, it’ll be nice if he did. But it’s just for reassurance, okay?” Jungkook murmurs softly, “You can be relieved too. ”

“ I guess. You sound sleepy, though.” Hyeona smiles, “ You can call me after you get some rest.”

Jungkook hums, “ Be safe. ”

“ Yeah, I’ll head back too, now. So stop worrying. ” Hyeona smiles as he hangs up, she stood up too, deciding to return. She bowed at the man, shooting him a polite smile as she passed by him.

“ Nae, I’ll see you tomorrow. ” Hyeona bows, watching as the last customer left too. She crossed her arms, facing Jungkook who was leaning against the counter.

Smiling, she started cleaning up the tables. “ Aren’t you leaving? ” Jungkook sits on one of the tables, grinning. “ Are you kicking me out? ”

Hyeona rolls her eyes, sighing. “ It’s time to close up. Come on, head out. ” Pouting, Jungkook heads towards the door and waits for her. Minutes later, she came out in casual clothes, her hair tied in a messy bun.

After she locked up, she faced him, her arms crossed. Before she could say anything however, Jungkook steps closer, releasing her hair from the hair tie, a smile playing on his lips.

“ I like it better like this. ” He grins wider, holding out a hand, “ I’ll walk you back. ”

Blushing profusely, Hyeona gingerly places her hand in his warm one, trying to hide her flushed face. The two walked in comfortable silence,
enjoying the serenity of the night.

“ Are you sure no one can recognize you? ” She sighs softly, “ I don’t want you in trouble. ” Jungkook shakes his head, “ I have a mask on,
don’t worry. ”

Nodding, she averts her attention to their inclined hands, a smile stretching on her lips, she couldn’t help but feel giddy over it.

“ We’re here. ”Jungkook hums softly, looking up at the building. “ Are you alone? ” Hyeona chuckles, shaking her head.

“ Oppa is staying over. ”

Jungkook grins, looking at their hands. He held it tighter, tugging her closer.
“ I’ll text you tomorrow.”

Hyeona froze as he leaned down to her face level, ruffling her hair. Butterflies erupted in her stomach, she held back her squeal and managed to grin and nod wordlessly.

Jungkook took out something from his pocket and latched it on her delicate wrist, smiling. " Keep wearing it for
me. "

As she watched him go, she sighed dreamily, trying to process why he had out of nowhere thought of a gift for her. But who was she to take it off?

He’s going to be the death of me! — she thinks, shaking her head. But as she entered the building, she was suddenly jerked aside and before she could make any sort of noise, her nose and mouth was covered.

She struggled against the strong grip, groaning. As she processed she was inhaling chloroform, it was too late.

Her vision started to blur and she couldn’t process her surroundings anymore, everything turned dark.