19 - 'mother fuckers mother'

quick authors note ig, schools been really hard on me this year but i promise since ill have more free time this summer, ill write some more. i wont be including stas in this book, just because i have not had a connection(?) if thats the word to her lol. shes still so fun to watch in the videos and everything and no hate to her!!! i just wanted to express that because in this book oakley is going to be taking over the spot of stas.

oakley (three months later)

jake and corey moved out two months ago. they each wanted to go their own directions, and who are we to stop them? obviously it was weird and emotional to see them leave, but it was for the best for them.

im proud of them.

anyways, with it just being the three of us in the house now, kat has been coming iver a lot more and we're planning on going to a lot more haunted places for 'hell week' as sam and colby call it.

thats actually what we are doing today. we are going to the zack bagans museum tonight.

we plan on leaving to pick up amanda around six. kat is going to come over in a few hours, so that we have some chill time before we go.

its now noon, and i am working on finishing up my last client for the day. her tattoo was a flower coming back to live with a quote that her grandmother wrote under it.

"this is a beautiful idea," i smile up at her. she smiles sadly, peering down at her new tattoo. "alrighty. lets get you out of here, huh?"

she follows me over to the front and she pays before leaving. i sanitize my station and finalize some paperwork for the shop.

"heading out! call me if you need anything!" i call out, hearing a bunch of 'okay's from each station. grabbing my bag, i head out to my car and drive home.

the drive only lasts a couple minutes, and before i know it, im pulling into the gates.

when i unlock the door, colby yells from upstairs.

"lee!"

setting my keys on the table, i head upstairs.

"you still okay to go tonight, love?" he asks, wrapping his arms around me. i hum, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

"how many bags do we need?" i ask, pulling away slightly.

"im not sure. we got a bunch of new equipment, so we'll just have to see. plus chargers and shit." he shrugs.

"true. i'll pack them now so we dont have to worry about it later. you wanna grab equipment?" he nods, leaning down to peck my lips.

he heads out of the room and i grab both of our chargers and two battery packs. i grab one of colbys sweatshirts just as he walks in, dumping stuff on our bed.

i get two bags from our closet and start filling them with everything. after theyre filled and we have everything, i set them by the door and plop on the bed.

-

"so why do i have to do this again?" i ask, clutching my shirt.

"you lost nose goes, bruh." sam laughs.

i lean on the bed, slowly falling over onto my back. "this feels like when you were a kid doing something and you know you were in the wrong," i say out loud, sam walking over next to me with the camera.

we wait for a few minutes, but nothing happens.

"what if a guy got on the bed with her?" kat asks. "it would be like what it was like back then."

"colby!" sam volun-tells him.

"what the fuck?" he laughs.

"hey, your girlfriend." sam shrugs with another laugh.

"hey!" i exclaim with a laugh of my own as colby crawls on the bed next to me.

"this feels awful." he says once he lays down.

"do you like it better with both of them on the bed?" amanda asks, holding the emf.

everything stays as normal, so we go to the next room. the clown room.

"girls go first!" colby declares.

amanda takes the second camera and kat follows behind her.

i grip onto colbys hand and follow, my heart beating rapidly.

immediately after entering, a clown jumps out at me. i let out a scream and sam laughs at me.

"shut up, this is terrifying!" i tell him, making him laugh harder. "i cant go any farther," i shake my head.

"come on, we're already in here. just go behind me and close your eyes." colby steps in front of me and i walk closely behind him as we continue again.

as we're nearing the end, i peak up from behind his shoulder. theres clowns everywhere. all the sudden, kat and amanda jump out.

"holy mother fuckers mother!" it slips out of my mouth before i can even think. my arms move around colbys waist before i can stop them.

"mother fuckers mother?" amanda laughs loudly.

"holy fuck," i breathe, my heart racing.

-

we got home around 5 in the morning. all of us immediately fell asleep, not even bothering with anything beforehand. i woke up around one and started editing once i got myself to get up.

im only a quarter of the way through the footage when colby groans loudly, rolling over to his stomach.

"good morning, sunshine." i grin. he lets another groan out and cuddles further into the pillow.

"how long have you been up?" he says groggily.

"only about an hour and a half. ive been editing." i turn my chair to face the bed. he hums and rolls back over to his back.

"wanna go get breakfast and go to the mall?" he asks, his voice muffled by the pillow.

"yeah, that sounds fun. let me finish this bit and ill start getting ready." he grunts in response.

finally finished, i take my headphones off and stand up. "come on, love." i tell him, walking over to kiss his cheek. he lays on his side, scrolling through his phone.

"help me up," he throws his phone down and lifts his arms in the air. i laugh, using all of my body strength to pull him out of bed.

he stretches with a lazy smile on his face and i quickly take a picture.

"what was that for?" he asks, stepping over to me with a yawn.

"you looked cute." i smile, kissing his cheek.