9 - 'lets just take a nap'

lee

"Hey, Colby?" I ask from his bed as he rummages through his kitchen to find a snack.

"Yeah?" He calls back.

"Are we telling anyone about us?"

"Do you want to?" He asks, walking in with a bag of almonds and sitting next to me.

"I don't know." I shrug. "I don't want to be attacked by your fans, but it would also be nice not to hide it in videos. What do you want to do?"

"What if we just keep it to ourselves for a little bit then?" He suggests, rubbing my ankles softly with his thumb.

"Okay," I smile, adjusting so my head is on his lap.

"Want an almond?" He offers, holding the bag out. I open my mouth in response and he digs through the bag, dropping one in my mouth.

I grin, chewing it and he stares down at me with a grin of his own on his face.

"What?" I ask. He shakes his head, swallowing the almonds in his mouth.

"Nothing. You're just beautiful." I feel my face redden.

"Thank you." I mumble and he laughs softly, brushing my hair away from my face.

After our date yesterday, he walked me to my room and kissed me goodnight before he went to his apartment. He invited me over this morning to go grocery shopping with him, but we have yet to go because we're both procrastinating getting ready. Hence why we're eating almonds instead of regular food.

"We really should go to the store." He sighs, running his fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, you're not gonna live off of almonds for much longer." I pat his cheek and he laughs.

"But i don't want to get ready." He groans, throwing his head back into the couch.

"Who says you have to? I don't look much better," I gesture to my black sweat-pant-style shorts and a white cropped tank top. He's clad in a pair of black sweats with red details all over them and a blue t-shirt.

"You look great, but you're right. Let's go."

-

I yelp as Colby throws a box of cereal in the cart, hitting me. He laughs and sets another in beside me, pressing a gentle kiss to my head to make up for throwing cereal at me.

"We should switch spots so I can throw cereal at you." I joke, tossing a box in the air and catching it.

"Can we?" He asks, his face lighting up.

"If you can help me out." I laugh, holding out my hands. He grins, linking our fingers and pulling me up. He hugs my thighs, lifting me out of the cart. "Thanks." I grin back.

He climbs in and plops down, his grin growing in size.

"Alright, Cole, where to next?" I ask, pushing the cart.

"I don't know what I need," He shrugs, organizing all of the things we've already got in the front of the cart.

"Well, what do you have?" I ask, turning into the next isle, walking slowly as I lean onto the handles.

"Nothing. I think I only have almonds and whiskey."

"Okay, so you need like everything."

"Pretty much. Ooh!" He exclaims, making me stop. He points to a bottle of juice on the shelf. I grab it and hand it to him, laughing as he sets it strategically next to the laundry detergent.