Chapter 21: Dressmaking

Start from the beginning

Unfortunately, it was all her wishful thinking. Fu Jong Kai felt tenderness towards frail flower, felt tendered towards the entire world, felt tender towards Mei Furen but would never feel tenderness towards her. As for her who gave her everything, from him it was just what a wife's 'responsibilities' was. Those days of mutual respect between spouses were all an act of toleration from Fu Jong Kai.

He did not really pity that Chrysanthemum but only made a casual remark which she then took it for real.

"Young Lady?" Unwittingly she was lost in thought and did not realize that she had reach the doors of Rong Jing Tang. Bai Lu quickly called out as a reminded and Jennie then followed Xi-er to step inside.

Shen Yuan Bo was not present today and Old Shen Furen was wearing a green and white long embroidered robe. She was already seventy years of age and should not be wearing such a fresh green in colour and with that straight and serious face, she look just like a female ghost. But she herself completely did not realize it.

Shen Yue and Shen Qing stood beside their mothers. There was two more step-daughters in the Second household but Ren Wan Yun was too strong and overbearing so for such a banquet, she did not allow the Shu daughters to go to steal the limelight. As for the Third household, Shen Wan only have a Tongfang other than Chen Rou Qiu so there was no need to mention of any step sons or daughters.

So in this way, only the Di daughters of each household received the invitation for the Chrysanthemum banquet.

After Jennie greeted Old Shen Furen, Ren Wan Yun looked at Jennie and smiled, "Little Five is here. Quickly select the clothing materials. Li Liang will then take the measurements later."

Shen Qing giggled, "Second Younger Sister and me had made our selection and now waiting for you to pick."

It was obvious that it was Xi-er who came late but it seemed that it was her fault to make the entire crowd in Rong Jing Tang wait. Jennie could not be bothered to argue with her and walked to the couch where the clothing materials were place.

Li Liang was a thirty plus middle aged female. Shen residence would purchase all the new clothe from her shop. When she was young she learned some embroidery techniques from the female officials who served in the Palace so her clothes were extremely good.

There were about five or six blots of clothes that were spread in front. One Begonia and one misty pink colour were already placed at a side, obviously chosen by others. Needless to say it was Shen Qing's and Shen Yue's.

The previous lifetime's scene flashed vividly in her eyes. That day during the Chrysanthemum banquet, Shen Qing wore a Begonia coloured dress and looked warm and magnanimous which make her more beautiful than the flowers. Shen Yue wore a pink with white embroidered pear flower which made her look delicate and feminine. And she wore a light yellow dress and Old Shen Furen's golden neckless and jewelry, looking like a joke that she did not know about.

And that light yellow fabric was the one that the Shenshens and older sisters abet her to pick.

Shen Yue smiled, "Fifth Younger Sister's skin is fair thus is compatible to pick this shade of light yellow for clothes. It would look lively and lovely on you."

Shen Qing repeatedly nodded, "That's correct, seeing the rest of the materials, it seems that the light yellow complement Fifth Younger Sister more."

Chen Rou Xiu had a smile on her lips as she kept quiet. There was also a trace of ridicule in Ren Wan Yun's eyes.

Shen Jennie did not know how to choose clothes.

Shen Furen was not at the residence all year round. When the mother is not around, the child would inevitably have lots of disadvantages. The other people in the Shen residence all have ulterior motives and how would they teach this young girl how to mix and match sincerely? Thus in the long run,Jennie could only follow Shen Qing and Shen Que and pick what they say were nice.

For example, that light yellow material was indeed complement to her skin but it looks too cheap and somewhat childish. Coupled with those golden jewelry, she look like some daughter of a landlord.

Marie and rest of them persuaded her to throw away those cheap jewelry but she was subconsciously stubborn and rushed to be humiliated.

This was indeed hilarious.

CHAPTER COMPLETED & EDITED

TN | The Malicious EmpressOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara