Chapter One: Dementors

Start from the beginning

"Well I look good in everything." Y/N said proudly, rolling up the sleeves of his collared shirt.

"You could put a rag on me and I'd still look good."

Mrs. Granger couldn't help but chuckle at Y/N's confidence. It's not as if he was wrong, Y/N's good looks are all thanks to his face and build after all.

During his time with the Granger's, Y/N had realized how wrong his father was about them. They were no different from wizards, in fact, Y/N thought they seemed to be more pleasant. During his stay, he was not pressured to make an any decisions or get yelled at for simply being friends with people his father did not approve of.

"I would be delighted if it was you my Hermione ended up with." She teased him.

"I-"

"Mum what are you saying?" Hermione cut Y/N off, finally coming down from the stairs.

Hermione wore a striped hoodie and some pants. Her outfit was very simple making Y/N wonder what took her so long.

"Ah, there you are!" Mrs. Granger exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

"Let's take a photo, come along. Stand together please!"

Mrs. Granger made the two stand alongside each other while she stood in front of them, holding a polaroid camera.

"What's that?" Y/N questioned the small device.

"It's a Muggle device for instant photos." Hermione explained as Mrs. Granger got the camera ready.

Y/N hummed a response, wrapping an arm around Hermione, pulling her closer before making peace signs with both of his hands, smiling his usual cheesy grin.

"Perfect!" Mrs. Granger took the photo with a flash.

Y/N went towards Mrs. Granger, watching as a small image printed itself out of the camera. He watched with amazement at the camera.

"It's like magic!" Y/N exclaimed, accepting the photo from her.

"You act like you weren't raised in a Pure-blooded household." Hermione teased, walking up beside Y/N.

Y/N looked at the photo to see Hermione's face was pink at Y/N's hold.

"Would you look at that. I never thought you'd be blushing over me, Granger." Y/N teased yet couldn't help the smile forming on his face.

"Give it here, Y/N." Hermione said reaching for the photo.

"No way, this is mine now." Y/N poked his tongue out, running around the room as Hermione chased him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm warning you, Hermione. Keep that bloody beast away from Scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy!" Ron threatened, hugging his rat tight.

Y/N and Hermione came across Ron while shopping. They heard that Harry was being kept at the Leaky Cauldron for using magic in the presence of Muggles so they went over there together. 

While Y/N and Hermione were shopping, however, Y/N decided to buy Hermione a pet as a thank you for letting him stay at her place while he fought with his father. This lead to Hermione picking out a cat with a face that looked to be squashed.

"It's a cat, Ronald. What do you expect?" Hermione sighed, hugging her cat tightly.

"It's in his nature."

"A cat? Is that what they told you?!" Ron spat, arguing further.

"Looks more like a pig with hair!"

"That's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush!" Hermione argued back, keeping her cat away from Ron.