"Hm. Well, everything is in order then..." He now stepped away from the machine, turning to Taco.

"So, about payment then?" Taco was eager to be fully finished with this.

"Hm... Well, I can't pay you until the second part of your job is done. That just wouldn't be... right,"

Taco paused, carefully choosing her next words.

"Second part." Was all she said.

"Yes, of course! Second part. What, with your partner going off who knows where, and actually knowing about this, well who knows who she would tell. You need to get rid of her, and... Get rid of the target she took with her while you're at it."

"That... wasn't part of the deal." Taco gritted her teeth.

"Well, neither was your partner leaving in the middle of the job! Your partner breached contract, and now she needs to be dealt with. So go deal with her and get paid, or I will get someone to deal with the both of you." Cobs took up a menacing tone now, looking down at her with a sneer.

Taco hesitated before responding; "Fine. I'll get rid of her... and the target."

"Good. I expect it to be done soon. I'll have my... associates, remove this machine from your base." He took up a calmed expression again, looking back to the machine.

"I'll be going now. Try not to be here while my associates take out the machine..." He briefly smiled at her, before stepping out. Taco cautiously followed, peaking out, but by the time she looked out into the surrounding woods, it was like he had completely vanished. She cursed under her breath. Yes, she was angry at Microphone, furious, really... But being this quickly turned against her... It just felt... wrong...

No. Of course it felt wrong. It's supposed to be wrong. She isn't supposed to like her job. She's just supposed to do it.

She spent the rest of the evening repairing her arm, and tending to the newest crack in her shell, before packing her most important weapons, and heading out. She had to do this job.

Otherwise, what else was it all for.

~

The first thing Microphone had done after running away, was make sure Lightbulb could run on her own. Though she was in a daze, Microphone was able to send her on her way towards where Taco had reported Paintbrush's base to be, and then running herself. She was scared, really, about what would happen to her if Taco did choose to run after her... But she shook off most of her nerves to try to locate that Knife guy she had seen the other day. He was a reporter... She remembers seeing his credit in newspapers sometimes... but where could he be? For some reason, he was in that building she and Taco had found their target in, but... She couldn't grasp why. Keeping her bowtie on, and herself invisible, she wandered around the outskirts of town, checking in other old and abandoned buildings. Though no trace of where he could be was found, it didn't take very long for something else, more immediate to catch her attention. Just outside a warehouse on the industrial side of the city pulled up a nice, slick red car with its top down. Watching from a safe distance, she watched two meeple products-- what looked like a 4S MePhone model, and a MePad step out of the car, The 4S going to open his trunk, pulling out--

"Oh jeez..." She let out quietly, watching them bring out an unconscious, green object, in which from the distance she was at in the moment, she couldn't tell what it was. The next thing, was the MePad saying something-- shit. She turned up her gain quickly to try to hear, but it seemed like they were already done speaking. 

The next immediate thing that happened, was her getting pulled back around the corner of the building she peeked out from, a hand now over her mouth as she yelped...

And it looked like Knife had found her, instead.

How convenient, really. 

//

1300 words , once again setting something up :) mostly gonna be knife / mic / mepad or mephone povs for a bit probably I can't really say, I still need to write it haha

1300 words , once again setting something up :) mostly gonna be knife / mic / mepad or mephone povs for a bit probably I can't really say, I still need to write it haha. (sorry the drawings a bit lazy // something I've already posted before i just do not. have the drive for art on the day I'm posting this)