Hero Time?

As soon as I felt I was far enough away from the boat, I turned toward shore and was soon running along the beach as fast as I could go.

"Becky! Find the location of this other guy who's built like me!" I nearly shouted as I sped along the dark and, thankfully, unoccupied, stretch of sand. My speed left a clear trail in the wet beach, as well as a wake of granules flaring up into the air as I raced along at top speed. 

*Already done!* He may not have been pleased, but Becky knew it was the right thing to do; we could not let an innocent guy be murdered!

Becky quickly gave me the address; a nice bungalow about ten miles away from where we currently were.  

*Correction; it is ten miles for you, as you may run in a straight line. For those who attacked you, it is nearly twice as long, as they must follow the roads and, as they seem to not want to draw attention to themselves, they are staying within the speed limit. You do not need to do so.*

Good point!

Time to get dressed!

"Reveal!"

"Activate!"

I felt the tingle and, a moment later, I was a silvery shadow running along between shadows and patches of darkness as I moved past houses perched close to the beach. I hoped I was moving fast enough no one would see me, but my main focus was reaching that bungalow in time! At times, a house stood in my way but, a boost of energy from the suit, and I flew right over it without breaking stride. Unfortunately, that boost was accompanied by a blue-white flash of light, but I kept hoping no one would have noticed as I tore through the area in my race with the Helter Skelters.

*The who?*

"The Helter Skelters, the guys we are trying to stop. It seemed like a good name for them."

*It sounds like the name of a rock and roll band....a bad one!*

There goes Becky, the constant critic!

At one point, as I ran, I encountered a huge church building, and, even boosting, I nearly castrated myself on the cross perched atop the steeple! I saw it as I rose up toward the top of the church; a tall, strong looking cross made of dark iron.

It looked big. 

It looked solid. 

It looked like it was going to hit me between the legs!

I gave shout, and barely managed to put my hands atop it before I smashed my lower parts on it, and flip myself over it without damaging the cross, or my privates!

As I came down and kept running, I gave a shuddering laugh as I considered how close I had come to being a eunuch!

Becky said nothing, but I swear I heard a snort of derision in my head.

*We are within one mile of our destination.*

"And the Helter Skelters?"

*They are within a third of the distance and will arrive before we do.*

Not good!

*I suggest an increase in speed.*

"I'm already running as fast as I can!"

*They will arrive approximately 30 seconds before we do. It is still possible for us to detain them before they enter the bungalow.*

Great!

*However, there is a large house between us and them. You will have to leap over it as it sits on a cliff and there is no space for you to run around it.*